Forums Latest Members

Any Good Watch Shops in Osaka and Shanghai

1. TheCaptainOfTech Apr 1, 2015

I will be headed to Osaka and Shanghai (Where I was born) for spring break and I was wondering if there are any good watch shops in the two locations. Also what are some things to do in Osaka my dad recommend a hot spring (not really my thing). Any museums or good restaurants, just overall good tourist attractions. For Shanghai I don't need any information about tourist attractions Ive been to all of them in my trips there. Its my first time visiting Japan what should I expect I hear the people are very friendly what would some of the seasoned travelers say is different about China and Japan. Also what are your favorite Sushi restaurants in Osaka

Thanks

Zach

2. ELV web Apr 2, 2015

In Osaka, the place to visit for food and some action is probably dotonburi, but given you are in Osaka it only takes 40mintues to go to Kyoto, if you have time, I think Kyoto is a much better place to spend time in. Since you are born in Shanghai, I guess you know your ways around, the new Kerry center Jingan is pretty good as a hang out and since it is spring strolling around French concession area is awesome. I go to shanghai almost every month and I find apr and Nov the best time of the year.

Cheers,
    Eric

3. TheCaptainOfTech Apr 2, 2015

Alright, thank you also are the watch prices for Japanese watches (Seiko) cheaper in Japan or are they around the same as in the USA

4. ELV web Apr 3, 2015

I find that Japan is a great place to treasure hunt all kinds of vintage watches.
    If you are in Osaka, check this guy out http://www.hatsukindou.com

5. lenny Apr 3, 2015

The trick is to only buy the JDM (Japanese domestic) ones. Pointless to get the ubiquitous ones.