Forums Latest Members

Any feedback about SwissWatchSpares??

1. sacaroly Nov 24, 2018

Hi,
    I was looking for genuine deployant clasps and google took me to this site:
    https://www.swisswatchspares.com/

I couldn't find any feedback about this seller except probably a closed ebay store.
    I'd appreciate any feedback about his products from anyone who has dealt with him before.
    Thanks in advance!

2. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 29, 2018

I know John Personally.

I can confirm he has has a loss in his family so please bare with him. Ive bought several bits from him with no issues.

D

sacaroly likes this.
  3. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 30, 2018

He has very good standing.
    Yes its not nice to read at all. Out of respect, please don't share the link as its not right it being public knowledge, he deserves his privacy at this difficult time. I am also awaiting parts and i have every faith he will deliver those parts when he is ready. As for the bracelet clasp I cannot answer or help you with that.

4. sacaroly Dec 7, 2018

Thanks for all the helpful replies! (@Massamass1975: I totally understand and feel for your disappointment! Thanks for taking the pain to post your experience)
    I have to say that I came accross the post on repgeek by doing a simple google search but as it is a replica forum, I took it with some doubt and didn't want to refer to them out of respect in case they are just false claims!

I am preplexed (that is why I posted the question)!
    The positive sign: The seller had an excellent feedback on ebay when the ebay store was active
    The doubtful signs: No mention on the website that parts are genuine.
    Huge stock including some that are hard to find at a time when omega has cut parts supply from all resellers!
    The above experiences and the repgeek post beside no solid reviews on major forums!

I believe the logical conclusion is obvious!

P.S. Regardless of anything I empathise with him on human level given the family loss he's had recently

5. sacaroly Dec 7, 2018

I've asked the same question on TZ forum and someone replied today saying he doubts his items are fake but it's rather the quality of parts and accessories especially for older models that is becoming lower to the point that they could be confused with fakes!! Anyways the doubt is there whether it's authenticity or quality issue. Given the price tag is probably similar to what would be paid at an AD, I think it's better to go to the later, at least for the warranty, obviously if the AD can source the requested part from Omega!

Massamass1975 likes this.