Forums Latest Members

Any experience with Ulysse Nardin?

1. eternalover Apr 18, 2021

These look to be high quality and styling has improved
    Currently liking this very seamasterish effort. Are they much to run and repair? Not looking at new hence the question
    B19EFDF0-DCEC-4619-91F8-C89C49D9E700.png

Mooieklokjes likes this.
  2. Mooieklokjes Apr 18, 2021

I don’t have any experience with the brand, but this example is a stunner. I like how they made the date window very subtle, in contrast to a lot of other brands.

janice&fred likes this.
  3. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Apr 18, 2021

Vintage is a viper pit of redials and dealer tarted up tragedies but modern heritage like above is the best place to be in.
    I like the one above... Wouldn’t be any more than any modern watch to service.

Traveler and Mark020 like this.
  4. eternalover Apr 18, 2021

After messing about for the last 6 months I am with you standy.

5. Amg786s Apr 18, 2021

i've always had a thing for UN and am contemplating a modern piece. They've always tried different things aesthetically, which has not always worked but you have to admire their creativity in a sometimes very safe market

eternalover likes this.
  6. eternalover Apr 18, 2021

Also I like the fact that they were using some pretty cool movements - some of the time lemania 8810 which they bought in.
    Details look high quality but would love to hear from some owners

7. Marsimaxam Apr 18, 2021

I bought a Marine Diver for my Dad almost 20 years ago for his 75th birthday. He wore it almost everyday and he had a Rolex Air King, Seiko Bellmatic and an Omega Gold Constellation to choose from amongst his small collection.
    Never had an issue with the watch and had a routine maintenance service, nothing was wrong with the watch, about 10 years after I gifted the watch to him.

My youngest son has been wearing the Marine Diver since 2020 after my Dad passed and it still keeps excellent time.

Dad’s Favorite Watch
    2CB575B4-3E18-4778-80D9-13AEF82F3456.jpeg

janice&fred, Woops, Shabbaz and 5 others like this.
  8. eternalover Apr 22, 2021

Thanks - nice story and good to know

9. Zuke Apr 22, 2021

I really like some but not all of the UN models. My love for watches started a long time ago, and I spent a great deal of time trying to find my first "real" non quartz watch. A friend of mine was wearing a very striking watch which I didn't recognize and it turned out to be a UN perpetual in rose gold. Unfortunately this was out of my price range at the time but it put me onto UN. After looking through their models I decided that my first watch would be the Ulysee Nardin Chris Columbus Marine Annual Calendar. Very limited product as they only made 100, and I was lucky enough with some patience to track one down.

IMG_5201.JPG

As far as repairs are concerned I'm not sure about the model you are looking at, but this annual calendar is quite complex. UN would not sell any parts for repairs to my regular repair person. So I sent it in and the price was roughly $1,400 CDN. So not cheap by any means.

Yes please be aware of redials

GL

10. eternalover Apr 22, 2021

Thanks very useful.
    I was thinking for the simpler movements some of them might be easy for parts as they have roots in Lemania and Longines 890

11. Traveler Apr 22, 2021

Lol, some of my most base mistakes as a Noob were in ‘vintage’ UNs, including one that came replete with a cardboard dial, courtesy of the Artesia fakers (remember them?). Luckily those were the days when E-Bay would quickly refund idiots like me....

12. eternalover Apr 23, 2021

Looks like this artesia guys are back in business from what I see

13. kwolson59 Apr 25, 2021

I have the UN 1846 Marine Chronometer (one of the long-standing, basic lines) and the San Marco Big Date GMT +/- travel watch. Both have been deadly accurate and reliable. Service costs through the UN service center in Florida are average (around $600 for routine service). No complaints from me and they are quirky enough you don't see many around...

If I win the lottery, you can bet I'll be buying one of their astronomic complication watches - those are fabulous!

eternalover likes this.
  14. eternalover Apr 25, 2021

Thanks for the info and good luck on the lottery!

15. janice&fred Apr 25, 2021

I just submitted an ad waiting to be approved for a nice original old UN tank chronometer for cheap money so let's hope one of youse guys or gals snaps it up fast so my wife can get back to the roulette tables :D