Forums Latest Members

Any experience with Grand Central watch?

1. lenny Mar 17, 2015

The split stem crown came off my Certina DS and I've not been able to reattach it. I was thinking of trying Grand Central watch (in Manhattan) for this and was wondering if anyone had any experience with them. Thanks in advance.

2. AAAKK First listing in the ΩF B2B phone book Mar 18, 2015

I see you haven't got any feedback as of yet. I did have a quick bracelet adjustment done a couple of years ago and they were very friendly charged a nominal amount. I know that's not particularly relevant to your repair issue so hopefully some others will chime in.

3. lenny Mar 18, 2015

Thanks. Will try them out soon.

4. kyle L Grasshopper Staff Member Mar 18, 2015

I heard they do good work but they are on the pricier side. I wanted to change the crystal on my Omega Chronometre and was quoted for a whole service. I ended up leaving it alone.

5. JohnSteed Mar 18, 2015

I've found them friendly and (but?) priced for the location. I asked about a triple date chronograph but could be reasonable for your watch. Stop by, ask questions. Could be ok for you?

Grand Cental more precisly

6. peatnick Mar 18, 2015

They repaired my wife's water Damaged Cartier admirably but were on the high side

7. lenny Mar 31, 2015

Finally stopped by. Very nice, but wanted 550 for a full service. Oh well. I understand that rent is high and all, but I can get my exp II serviced at Rolex for not much more than that.

Edited Mar 31, 2015