Forums Latest Members

Any Experience With Ebay Seller Greenpelikan65?

1. Morris May 31, 2013

has anyone dealt with this guy--he has a 1968 pie pan for sale

2. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy May 31, 2013

What transaction are we talking about? (We have ways of making you talk !)
    I haven't dealt with him.

3. Morris May 31, 2013

4. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy May 31, 2013

Hi Morris, Welcome !!
    I'm a NuB, having a rum cocktail, but the fonts (printing) doesn't seem right, not perfectly aligned. Be patient and the cavalry shall be along shortly. You are in good hands. Enjoy !

5. Morris May 31, 2013

Thanks much!

6. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe May 31, 2013

The watch looks legit (not redial or franken). However the price is on high side. Gold plated usually command lower price compare to stainless steel.

I have no experience with the seller, but looking at his recent seller feedback and other items he offered, looks like a legit seller.
    The best way to check it contact the seller directly through email or call. You could feel whether he is sincere seller or scammer. A scammer will have insincere/ inconsistent/ bogus story or do not want to communicate much (more like grunt). Try to discuss few different things (not only the watch)

7. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe May 31, 2013

There is some spot of corrosion in case back near crown. I will be wary though. Ask more picture of inside case close to crown and underside of caseback on that spot. See is it just there or has spread. If there is sign of spread, pass this watch

8. ulackfocus May 31, 2013

The watch looks okay, but not perfect. It's certainly not worth $1700 even if it's perfect.

9. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member May 31, 2013

No where near 1700. More like 750-850

10. Melhadary May 31, 2013

I purchased a watch last year from this seller. He did send the watch eventually, but he wasn't forthcoming about the fact that the caseback had a huge dent which he obviously hid from his pictures, was very hard to reach after the payment was made, extremely uncommunicative, tried to sell me some far-off story about the watch I just bought and made promises about providing proof of these stories but never came through.

Worst of all was he was very careless when packaging the watch... the watch was just floating around in the big box, and had come out of the cavity in the air bags where he probably just put it without any wrapping or anything to secure it. The watch was loose and shaking around in between the very haphazardly placed little air bags, bubble wrap, and styrofoam peanuts, and it was a very large box compared to the watch. I'm just glad it arrived in working condition. For someone who sells vintage watches, he was very thoughtless about delivery condition!

11. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe May 31, 2013

High price+ doubtful condition+ a lack of integrity seller = pass

12. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy May 31, 2013

13. Morris Jun 1, 2013

Appreciate the advice to a newbie--I'll give this one a pass!