Forums Latest Members

Any experience with Casowatches?

1. JH11932 Dec 7, 2014

Hello everyone,

Thank you to everyone who's taken the time to share your advice on this forum -- as a prospective first-time UG owner who's been bitten by the Aero-Compax bug, it's been really helpful (and entertaining) to spend some time here. I've ordered a copy of the Sala book, which I hope helps me get a leg up on what's already becoming an absorbing passion.

I came across a couple of mentions on this site of Casowatches, in Napoli, and wondered if anyone had worked with them or had any further thoughts. I've been in touch about a couple of Aero-Compaxes that are unexpectedly expensive -- more than double what I've seen on 1stDibs, or Matthew Bain. I don't know enough about these pieces to know if they have some unique provenance that explains the price, or whether the dealer is simply expensive and that's the end of it. But if anyone has any thoughts, I'd sure love to hear them.

Here's their Universal Genève collection. An inspiring set, to be sure!

http://www.casowatches.com/store/cm...=8&CATALOG_ID=1&LEVEL=1&LANGUAGE=2&STORE_ID=1

2. ELV web Dec 7, 2014

Good watches but comes at a price though, like the aero compax 24 hours (my current avatar), I got mine from Bain, Caso also got one but at 60% dearer.... I also got the uni compax in gold he is showing (a valjoux 23), my guess is his price will also be 60% or more than what I paid for.

3. LarryG not KennyG, not OG, just LarryG Dec 7, 2014

I agree, nice, very nice stuff-and I too have asked about a handful of his watches- but taint cheap.

4. LarryG not KennyG, not OG, just LarryG Dec 7, 2014

Can we see more pictures of your avatar?
    That's a beautiful Minerva split-second you have there...

5. Matty01 Port Adelaide's No.1 Fan Dec 8, 2014

I bought the watch in my avatar from them and it was actually reasonably priced. Their site is a bit of a shambles though and I didnt find him tremendously friendly.

6. JH11932 Dec 8, 2014

Thanks, everyone. And LarryG, alas that wasn't my Minerva in my original avatar, but this one is!

7. Noodia Dec 8, 2014

I have bought a watch from Caso. I have received high resolution and nice photos showing everything, my questions have been answered within 15 mn, final price has been closed in 15 mn. Watch was home 2 days after my payment has been received. Watch was exactly as described. Definitely a nice and efficient deal for both of us.

8. papaebetu Dec 8, 2014

Buy with confidence
    Fabrizio is a correct seller and got fantastic watches

GIGI

cozzani1978 likes this.
  9. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Dec 9, 2014

I haven't bought from them - yet - but they have always been courteous and responsive. The prices are typically at the high end of dealer, but they do have some outstanding examples in inventory.

10. JH11932 Dec 23, 2014

Just wanted to let everyone know that I took the plunge and ordered the Aero-Compax. Fabrizio at Casowatches was great to deal with (enduring LOTS of questions and answering them with lots of high-resolution photos), and the watch is an absolute beauty!

jordn and vintagejumbo like this.
  11. woodwkr2 Dec 23, 2014

Which one?

12. JH11932 Dec 23, 2014

Just updated the avatar. :)

13. jordn Wants to be called Frank for some odd reason Dec 23, 2014

Great pick up! Beautiful condition and great size for a UG. Hope you wear it in good health.

I've had two dealings with Fabrizio, and it seems he charges an extra premium for his Universal watches (perhaps an UG collector who is reluctant sell? Just a guess). I've actually met him, and he's not an unpleasant human being, but his English is terrible and doesn't seem to believe in haggling so he comes off as a bit abrasive. Although my wallet's a little thinner for it, my dealings with him have been much more satisfying than my experiences w "reputable" dealers in the states. At least to my learning eyes his stuff is pretty legit in general. Check out the El primero prototype. Gotta be the mack daddy zenith

14. JH11932 Dec 23, 2014

Thanks, jordn!

He definitely charges a premium (two or three premiums, even) but I must say that the watch I've just received is in preposterously good condition. I'm by no means anything even approaching an expert, I'm merely an obsessive, and have been on the hunt for an Aero-Compax ever since I fell in love with The One That Got Away — and not once in my travels have I seen something as clear as the one I got from Fabrizio. It's just amazing.

Now on to the Omegas, hmm… :)

UG-Aero1.jpg

HeuerLoon, bilemshious, Gavin and 9 others like this.
  15. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Dec 24, 2014

that is a gob-smacker of an Aero-Compax.

16. JH11932 Dec 24, 2014

Lou, that's high praise from you!

17. woodwkr2 Dec 25, 2014

"Wat he said" !

Indeed.

18. spinfree Jan 1, 2015

I've inquired about a few watches at Caso, and purchased one, and Fabrizio was nice to deal with. Pretty good communication considering the language barrier, fair and honest dealing. The watch was delivered promptly and as advertised. Overall, I was pleased and I'd do business with him again.

-Jason

19. x3no Feb 12, 2015

Beautiful Aero-Compax! Caso does seem to have a great selection of UG's there, something to keep checking back to. And to hear that he is a great seller is re-assuring.