Forums Latest Members
  1. Dablitzer Sep 7, 2014

To show off stefan and his wonderful work....:thumbsup:

A Constellation 2648 from 1952 in Solid YG with Arrowhead markers....

image.jpg
    Not been serviced many times....

image.jpg
    Freshly serviced and looks like its fresh out of the factory!

image.jpg
    And stunning ivory white crosshairs, cannot get enough of this dial!
    image.jpg

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
    lando, adam78, NT931 and 20 others like this.
  2. Dablitzer Sep 7, 2014

Pictures courtesy of Stefan....and silly self gratuitous commentary by me. Anyway, great to add another solid to the collection, I hope you all get lucky and land your next Constellations. Really something to feel this on the wrist! The overall size and presence of this Constellation is larger, which is why it really appeals to me after recently falling for jumbo sized Omega. And Speedmasters.

Would highly recommend Stefans work. I only had the case cleaned in soapy water and was literally brightened up, not polished, and still retains the facets and thick edges of the bezel. It's come up a real treat. Cannot wait to see his next work!!

Edit: I don't recommend creating a thread on an iPad...it was hellish to get the text and pictures in any conceivable order! ::shy::

Tritium likes this.
  3. JohnSteed Sep 7, 2014

From my Navy days I remember watching guys clean copper fittings in kool aid. Worked like a charm on what we called the result, "brightwork".

4. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 7, 2014

My 95 year old stepfather used to soak his watch in Kool Aid over night.:thumbsup:

Oh, wait a minute, I think that was his teeth. :unsure:

Dablitzer likes this.
  5. mbeast Sep 8, 2014

So impressive; that watch could literally have been made yesterday the condition that it's in. My newest addition is on its way to Stefan as I type. Can't wait for it to return having seen the results above! No pressure stefan ;)

Dablitzer likes this.
  6. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Sep 8, 2014

I'll let you know in 5 years time. As with all of my watches, after a service and adjustment, the back stays on until the next time they are due a service and Stefan has just serviced my Seamaster 300. They are not toys, so it always beats me why people insist on popping off the back, at the drop of a hat, to take pictures/show off their watch - waterproofing gone, dust in. :confused:

Darlinboy likes this.
  7. Mark020 not the sharpest pencil in the ΩF drawer Sep 8, 2014

Very fresh looking. Very nice one.

Dablitzer likes this.
  8. JM251 Sep 8, 2014

Beautiful. I think what really sets off that dial is the contrasting yellow gold arrow markers and sharp case. I don't know Alex, there's a RG 2648 with guilloche dial that's pretty stiff competition.. ;)

Dablitzer likes this.