Forums Latest Members

Any collectors from Slovakia, Hungary, Czech, Austria or Poland willing to gang-together?

1. abrahamovic Aug 17, 2018

Hello OF members,

I am 35, hanging alone in fresh Slovak air with my vintage watch passion. Hopefully there are some others watch fans nearby I am not aware of. I am member here on OF for maybe a year, collecting watches for 2 years. Would be willing to team up and friend with fellow collectors from nearby cities/countries, just to share experience and knowledge, meet from time to time for a pint, trade watches or just chat about greatest stories behind your keepers.

Have a nice day,
    Tomas

2. Atalien2005 Aug 17, 2018

Tomas I’m in a nearby country, (Hungary) and would be very interested to start a GTG if we can get enough people. The local watch scene here in Hungary is pretty much dead as far as I know.

Uniqez and tyrantlizardrex like this.
  3. abrahamovic Aug 17, 2018

Thanks for responding. Nice to e-meet you, lets see how this call for unity goes.

I have a lot of plans and ideas (or maybe call it dreams?) on how to build / revive / engage the community. GTG will be the first. I was thinking even to get support from fratello - I was in touch with Balasz from Fratello, I think that Mikes wife - guy running TBT on fratello is from Slovakia - maybe they help. Or maybe not, but we will try.

tyrantlizardrex likes this.
  4. tyrantlizardrex Aug 17, 2018

Can’t support this enough @abrahamovic. :thumbsup:

What is how Time 4A Pint started by getting 10 folks from this forum together in a pub, to drink beer and talk watches.

Starting small and just keeping going has been the key - once it becomes a regular thing people make it part of their routine, and keep coming back again and again.

Insider tip: Use name badges, it saves awkwardness! Adding forum user name, or Instagram handle also makes it easier for people who know each other online to put names to faces.

Edited Aug 17, 2018
  5. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Aug 17, 2018

Great guidance from a born organiser.

:thumbsup:

And I'm sure you won't have trouble finding a great bar to hold your meetings.

(Can't remember the name of the bar in Bratislava, but I had heaps of ERB, and got a good hangover).

Atalien2005 and abrahamovic like this.
  6. abrahamovic Aug 17, 2018

that exactly is the plan.
    I dont care even if 3 of us come to very first meeting.

Btw, I tried to contact time4A Pint via web form twice.
    Wanted to plan my business trips and accommodation in London in line with your event.
    I was super-excited to join. It was in march and may this year, never got response from time4A Pint / you(?)

So thought:
    1/ you dont care about Slovaks.
    2/ your contact form doesnt work. But in both cases webform showed confirmation notice on screen that form has been sent. After 2nd failing havent tried the third time. So perfect opportunity to ask, if I can join next time I am in London.

7. abrahamovic Aug 17, 2018

heh, a lot of nice places around.

When you were there? Planning another trip maybe?

8. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Aug 17, 2018

Was in Budapest, Bratislava, Prague in 2015.

Just spent "Milspec Rolex $" on a holiday in France/Portugal this year so need to save some money for next year.

Would love to visit central Europe again, some of the most spectacular scenery, villages, old cities I have ever seen.

Oh, and plenty of "markets" on the roadsides loaded with "Rolex", "Omega" etc etc. :D

Uniqez likes this.
  9. abrahamovic Aug 17, 2018

gimme a shout next time you are here, we can plan something special for you :)

JimInOz likes this.
  10. WatchWalker Aug 17, 2018

If you put a group together, please add me to it. Although I'm not from Central Europe, I do "wander" a lot as my tag suggest. Plan to be this year still a few more times in Budapest. Bratislava maybe as well...

11. tyrantlizardrex Aug 17, 2018

Hey Tomas,

Huge apologies, I’ve just found your email of 21st February (can’t find a second one, but I did have some contact form issues too).

This was in the middle of being quite sick for a few months, and I missed a lot of stuff... I thought I’d caught up, but I totally missed your email, so huge apologies.

Would love for you to come along as and when you’re in London - the dates are up for the rest of the year, and I’m currently working on dates for 2019.

Cheers

Chris

12. abrahamovic Aug 17, 2018

Apology accepted. Looking forward to meet you and fellow collectors next time I am in London. May I get your personal email ina case I want to get in touch? thanks, tomas

13. tyrantlizardrex Aug 17, 2018

Sure thing, will DM it to you.

14. Atalien2005 Aug 17, 2018

Chris puts on a great event, as I was able to attend my first T4AP last month. Really a great time with like minded people, which would be great to have an event like that locally.

15. Vintagewtchzilla Aug 18, 2018

always in for a GTG :thumbsup:

16. smitty190373 Aug 18, 2018

This new watch club needs a name !

17. lillatroll Aug 18, 2018

I am moving to Bucharest on Tuesday. Would love to meet up somewhere one weekend if possible.

Kind Regards
    Stuart

18. abrahamovic Aug 18, 2018

Stay tuned, working on it!

By the way, like 15 years ago I started career as a journalist. Coming back to roots now, I arranged meeting with chief editor of local mens lifestyle magazine. We agreed that he will give me full pager every month on vintage watch serie. He loves the topic, he believes it can be interesting for mens readers. (Obviously :)). Looks like I need to get my pencil sharpen again.

smitty190373 likes this.
  19. abrahamovic Aug 18, 2018

well, been to bucharest recently for a business trip. It is 2hours flight from bratislava / slovakia. If you can do it to Bratislava or Vienna / austria, I am up for a spontanous meeting. tomas

Please, can you DM your email? so I can give you on my contact list if something new is about to happen.

20. abrahamovic Aug 18, 2018

Please, can you DM your email? so I can give you on my contact list if something new is about to happen.