Forums Latest Members

Any Chelsea fans here, who have been on Stamford Bridge?

1. Pahawi Mar 9, 2015

My 16 year old son is a huge fan, and I’ve promised him a trip to a match on Stanford Bridge. We're located in Denmark, so a little guidance would be nice...... :)

Thanks.

Paul

2. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Mar 9, 2015

Do you mean Stamford Bridge? Might be better to watch on T.V.

3. Spike Mar 9, 2015

I think you may struggle to buy a couple of tickets for any Chelsea home game for the rest of this season.

I'm fairly sure all games are sell outs apart from corporate/all in package tickets which are very expensive.

If you are really keen I could try and make some enquiries for you at the Chelsea box office (if I can actually get through to someone there) and see what the ticket situation is for the rest of the season or do you have a particular game in mind for him?

4. Pahawi Mar 9, 2015

Dennisthemenace: Yes, Stamford Bridge.

Spike: Had no idea it's that hard to get tickets. Should have checked before posting here.......
    We had talked about the Chelsea vs. Stoke City, April 4th (Easter holydays), but with that hard getting tickets, thats not likely to happen.
    Thanks, very nice of you to offer your help, but as long as we're not 100% sure which match, I don't want to waste your time checking.
    Thanks again:thumbsup:

Paul

5. djmusicman Mar 9, 2015

Show him this, it's not too late YNWA!

6. Davidt Mar 9, 2015

Eurgh. No one should encourage their son to be a Chelsea fan ;)

djmusicman likes this.
  7. Pahawi Mar 9, 2015

Was that group song before or after Liverpool lost the game 0 - 2? :p

8. calalum Mar 9, 2015

Also, I was told by the hotel concierge that unlike in the US, where tickets are virtually always available from third party brokers or "scalpers," in Britain (or at least for the Chelsea and Arsenal home games) the only way to buy tickets on the secondary market is to be a "member" of the club. I told the concierge that I would join (both Chelsea and Arsenal were home on the day I was there) but he told me that there is a whole application process and that it could not be done on an immediate basis. Not sure if he was right about all of that, but my experience was frustrating.

9. Spike Mar 10, 2015

It's no problem Paul......

Just out of interest there are a number of 'ticket agencies' available where it seems that you can buy tickets for most games without the need to become a member of any club.

This is the first one I found, I have no knowledge of it other than it seems to have tickets available (all be it in short supply) for most Chelsea home games. If you click on this link and then click on one of the prices in the 'View all matches from' option, it should give you a list of games and prices. Just a thought if you are still interested and can plan a little in advance...

http://www.comparetickets.net/chelsea-tickets/?lid=chelsea-3

Cheers

Mike

10. Pahawi Mar 10, 2015

Thanks Mike - very kind of you :thumbsup:

11. waXology Mar 10, 2015

I used to be a member there and have been to quite a few games and can attest to the need of being a member or knowing someone in order to get tickets. Most games will never go on general sale and at this late stage in the season and how well the club is doing I'm afraid it will be tough. Though I have had friends pick up tickets at the gate from touts/scalpers (Champions League group stages). So it's worth trying if you are indeed in London on game day. Good luck!

Pahawi likes this.