Forums Latest Members
  1. Walrus Jul 17, 2019

Keith Thurman and Manny Pacquia are fighting Saturday of course PPV. I’ll probably get the fight. Manny is an all time great going from selling donuts in the streets of the Philippines to being one of the best boxers in history. Manny is forty now, Thurman is an established star so it should be a good fight. I’d like to have a gentleman’s bet with someone here, I’m picking manny. It should be a good way to spend a Saturday night making some nice snacks and having a beer or two.

89-0 likes this.
  2. Tet I prefer Dilmah do try it Jul 17, 2019

Fellow boxing fan but will see if I'm awake to watch it live or not, I won't stay up specially as although I've been a fan of Pacquiao for years I do think he's past his best now. Having said that Thurman is probably past his too so not the easiest to call.

I think it'll go to decision and wouldn't be surprised if it ends being controversial. I'm on the fence tbh, most seem to be picking Pac but I think Thurman has a good chance. Is a question of which is further past their best IMO.

Anyway have fun.

Walrus and 89-0 like this.
  3. 89-0 Jul 18, 2019

Both are compromised (injuries, inactivity vs. age, road-wear), but it's a good style matchup. 50-50 fight, but gun to my head, I think Thurman gains Pacquiao's respect in the early rounds, then stinks the joint out on his way to a decision. (After the fight, Manny complains that Thurman was running too much.)

4. pnwyankee Jul 18, 2019

Stopped following boxing the day Ali retired

5. krh7 Jul 18, 2019

i've seen all of manny's fights over the last 5 years. he's been my favorite, but i see trouble here. thurman's win over garcia is bigger than any of manny's recent fights, but who know how he'll look with so little recent experience. if he's truly over his injuries, i think he stops manny before it goes to cards.

89-0 likes this.
  6. vintagemillenial Jul 18, 2019

I I do enjoy a good defensive boxing match. Despite his cocky personality I enjoy watching Mayweather fight.

7. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Jul 18, 2019

Would love to see the fight but won't do PPV for a 40 year old fighter who should have retired after the Mayweather fight, 4 years ago.

89-0 likes this.
  8. M'Bob Jul 18, 2019

Hate it. The bubble wrap, packing tape and trips to the shipping center are incredibly annoying.

Tet, flyingout, KingCrouchy and 4 others like this.
  9. krh7 Jul 18, 2019

yep. it's the UNboxing we all REALLY love :)

Tet, M'Bob and 89-0 like this.
  10. Walrus Jul 18, 2019

I hear you. Still manny can fight. The Floyd fight I won’t even mention as I may vomit but I’ll still drop the bucks for manny.

Als 27 likes this.
  11. kilofinal Jul 18, 2019

I prefer unboxing...

flyingout likes this.