Forums Latest Members

Any A/V guru's hang around here?

1. citizenrich Metal Mixer! May 16, 2015

im finally "giving up" and putting a TV in my bedroom.

How's the Samsung UN55F8000 55-Inch 1080p 240Hz 3D Ultra Slim Smart LED HDTV?

This rig was $3,000 just 9 months ago and now they're a $1,000. I guess that's how it works in the TV racket but this seems really excessive to the point that I'm thinking maybe there's some wrong with this specific TV?

I guess I'm glad I listened to my contractor when I bought this place a dozen+ years ago. (it's a 100+ year old townhouse). I fought him but he insisted on putting an outlet way up thereā€¦

I said "I'll never put a TV in my bedroom!!"

Never, say, never...

image.jpg image.jpg
    Edited May 16, 2015
  2. xcentric May 19, 2015

good tv. Outgoing model, last year's operating system (but can be future proofed with an add-on box), not quite such good pixel-level quality as this year's model will have, but bargain price and worth having esp in the bedroom.

3. LastMan May 23, 2015

For the price it's great Getting the latest always comes at a premium. I make films but I'm not convinced with 3D and I don't think 4k will become standard home movie fare for a while.. It's taken a while to get 1080p as standard and I still see many TVs in places like Spain which are the 4:3 variety non-flatscreen old style ....