Forums Latest Members
  1. AJDay Feb 23, 2013

Hi Everyone,

Went to a local antique show with my wife, and there was one vendor with many vintage watches (100+ I think), of various brands. It is in Morristown, NJ until 6:00 pm today and 11-5 tomorrow:

http://www.jmkshows.com/20130223_antique_armory.html

This 18k pink gold manual Omega caught my eye, but really not my expertise. It is large (I'm guessing around 37.5 mm case).

Upon further inspection, the case felt light, and is only marked 18k on the outside (no markings whatsoever on the inside of the case back). The lugs are also very dainty and haven't seen any quite like them.

The serial number started with 12X... and the caliber was 2XX (I know, I forgot to take a picture of the movement and soon forgot the caliber number).

The dial looked okay to me, but the hour hand was YG and the minute hand steel (second hand looks pink).

I'm assuming this is not the original case? Thoughts?

The vendor was extremely nice and was concerned that he might be misrepresenting something as original, so I would like to provide him with info and the estimated value as-is.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A couple other Omegas (He had Rolex, Hamilton, Baume et Mercier, Longines, Vacheron, etc as well):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. kyle L Grasshopper Staff Member Feb 23, 2013

Dial looks like a redial. That last Pie-Pan looks decent though.

3. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Feb 23, 2013

I think the Seamaster DeVile is a good'un too.

Hallmarks on the back are usually a sign of a non-Omega case.
    gatorcpa

4. AJDay Feb 23, 2013

That's what I thought

The DeVille and Pie Pan both looked good to me as well (he was asking $1,500 for the gold-capped pie pan and I think $700 or $750 for the DeVille). I'm sure there is room in there...

If anyone's in the North Jersey area, might be worth swinging by tomorrow (especially if you're into other antiques as well). Morristown is about a 45 minute drive from Manhattan.

He really did have a broad range of brands and models, sorry I didn't take more pictures.

5. AJDay Feb 23, 2013

Also, any thoughts on value of the 18k watch? the case didn't feel too substantial, and being a non-Omega case and redial I wouldn't buy it, just curious...

6. ulackfocus Feb 23, 2013

Pass on the 18ct non-Omega case. There's half of the gold content or less of a Swiss made case. That gold capped pie pan is a few hundred over market - $1100 would be the max I'd pay unless it was mint+ with box & papers. The SMDV is probably a hundred or two over average for a garden variety ss caliber 55x also.

7. AJDay Feb 23, 2013

I'm not going back tomorrow, I'm sure I could have gotten a decent price on the others, but nothing I'm dying to add to the collection.

Would recommend a look for anyone in the area