Forums Latest Members
  1. Phase1 Dec 26, 2017

Hi Folks,

I came across this and wanted to learn more about it, but not sure where to start, would you kind folks help identify which model this is?

Much appreciated.

signal-2017-12-26-173546.png

2. ahsposo Most fun screen name at ΩF Dec 26, 2017

A polished, redialed, wrong crowned watch that says Omega Seamaster on it.

Vicke, Tet, lando and 5 others like this.
  3. ahsposo Most fun screen name at ΩF Dec 26, 2017

And it has the wrong hands, too...

lando, Candle00 and McKinley like this.
  4. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Dec 26, 2017

Also called the newbie trap.

( for the newer ones - a $1-200 watch Redialed and spiffed up for a few $ and sold at twice the price of a original dialled Omega.)
    I would have to say this is the 70th time this year alone we have had the same question asked by a noob

Could be any model, we need to see the numbers inside the case back and the movement.

5. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Dec 26, 2017

Maybe we should have a sticky with all these posts that we could just link to. Sure would save time not having to say the same thing day in and day out.

6. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Dec 26, 2017

I want to write a new sticky. But alas I know it will not be read.

7. DG GW Dec 26, 2017

It would be read. Maybe not by all but it would stop a few repetitive posts.

8. akshayluc420 Dec 27, 2017

I would wager it's a fool's errand; there are SO MANY models, references and variations etc, even attempting a a Sticky for 1 family (say the Seamasters) would require a crazy amount of time and effort. I mean, even Omega themselves face difficulties with such things. Luckily Chronomaddox is a good starting point, as is learning how to use the 'Search' tool...

I think the issue lies with newbie buyers not realizing that they need to ask the seller for caseback and movement numbers, and other things to look out for...which admittedly is a rather newbie thing to do, and therefor they come here for an education, or trial by fire! :p

9. Phase1 Dec 27, 2017

Ah.. got it. well it at least generated some replied posts. Much appreciated regardless.

There were no selling/buying with the pics, I just happened to stumbled upon the intagram picture of it, no idea whom it belonged to and no intagram accounts so I figured it was worth an ask.

Regarding stickies, it is such a wide subject, a sticky wouldn't have helped since it would need at least some info to start with since all I have is that one picture. Sometimes it's a aesthetic that draws a question, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all.

Knowing now that it's a frankenstein does lessen an appeal some what.

Thanks for all the feedbacks.

Bumper, akshayluc420, jetkins and 2 others like this.
  10. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Dec 27, 2017

A new member posts a rather sub-standard Seamaster, wears all of the hits, and then replies without going ballistic and calling us all a bunch of pricks.

:thumbsup:

Hang around @Phase1, you have a lot to learn and this is a great place to do it.
    And in a few years you'll be guiding other newbies/noobies/nubys and helping them with their questions.

Foo2rama likes this.
  11. Phase1 Dec 27, 2017

@JimInOz :) A dumb question deserves a dumb answer sometimes. But I'm progressive enough to accept everybody's viewpoints and not take it to heart. When you play in the novelty realm of watches, I'd rather be chastised for lack of knowledge and learn from it then be ignorant.

By the way, I'm into watches because more of an aesthetic/functional rather than history so forgive my inane/non researched questions, :) why seek answers from an oracle (google) rather then ask the village elders (you folks)

STANDY and akshayluc420 like this.
  12. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Dec 27, 2017

"There are no dumb questions son", as one of my instructors used to say, "Only dumb answers and smart answers, only listen to the smart ones!"

And doing what I did in my younger life, listening to the wrong answer was not good for continued longevity.