Forums Latest Members
  1. ducatiti Oct 10, 2019

Just an update on a four year old AT that has been worn three or four times a week. It lost some luster as the highly polished parts didn't shine as much compared when it was new to include hairline scratches. I know most people here hate the polished center links because they are scratch magnets.

This is when a $10 jeweler's cloth from Amazon comes in. This is the one that you use treated side with rouge first, then buff it with the other side which brings out the shine. I tested the polished case backs and the bottom of the lugs and was surprised with the outcome. I then proceeded to the parts that really matter. You don't have to wait for watch to be serviced for the scratches to be buffed out. I don't think that much metal is taken off with these jeweler's cloth.

Well, the fine scratches are now gone and the polished bezel, lugs and center links are like new! Huge difference it made on the polished bezel as it makes the dial pop even more.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

AntonisCy likes this.
  2. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Oct 10, 2019

Isn’t jewelers cloth a wax?

3. ducatiti Oct 10, 2019

Coated with rouge I believe. Here is a video demonstration of how to use the cloth..

Foo2rama likes this.