Forums Latest Members
  1. The GMT Master Chris @ ΩF Dec 12, 2011

Hey all,

So, I've had the Speedmaster Pro now for nearly 5 months - thoroughly enjoying wearing it, and it's been incredibly hard to get off my wrist! Love the size, love the weight, love its understated charm. And I now have another reason to love it! I don't normally pay too much attention to timekeeping, as long as I'm not having to alter the time every other day, I'm reasonably happy! I don't know what prompted me to do it (probably boredom during a quiet moment), but I thought I would set it to GMT, and see how it was getting on. Well, several days down the line, it has gained just 1 second. 1 second for a non-chronometer rated watch! I was seriously, seriously impressed - I guess Omega must have sprinkled some fairy dust on mine when they were regulating it!

Just thought I would share,

Chris

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 13, 2011

I've heard a few guys with Cal 321 vintage Speedys manage similar rate results, I think the chronometer rating is really an unnecessary formality when it comes to the Speedmaster, while its an affordable, wearable watch, there really isn't anyone that would ever speak ill of it, its like the Queen Mum of watches in a sense, a relic that proved useful for half a century longer than anyone expected, and loved by all.

3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 13, 2011

And yes, that is the first time anyone assessed a watch as being like the Queen Mother.