Forums Latest Members
  1. Mattjames84 Mar 29, 2020

I have the chance at purchasing this but sure if I should, what should I offer? Its gold capped missing the gold bezel. You cant really tell from the pic but the dial is pretty nice and orig. He wanted a crazy price to start with but I think that was partial sentimental value. He told me to make an offer that I thought was reasonable but I'm hesitant.. thanks 7537.jpeg

2. OMEGuy Mar 29, 2020

Is there just this single picture?

3. Mattjames84 Mar 29, 2020

Yeah that's all the guy sent me, I looked at it when I bought another one from him but didnt have the money to make any kind of offer but now I do

4. ConElPueblo Mar 29, 2020

That watch is the very definition of 'value as parts only'.

Unless you have another, better watch to put that dial into, don't bother.

Edward53 and Vicke like this.
  5. Mattjames84 Mar 29, 2020

So how much do you think it would be worth in parts roughly?

6. OMEGuy Mar 29, 2020

As @ConElPueblo said, forget about the case. Maybe the caseback looks better? If the dial is really nice (I doubt it's still perfect after this second hand must have been rumbling around on it for a while) and hands and movement are basically fine, I'd maybe offer US $450, having in mind what has to be spent afterwards.

7. Mattjames84 Mar 29, 2020

That's about the price I was thinking.. thanks

8. TexOmega Mar 29, 2020

I think you'll be upside down real fast at $450.....now if it had the big arrowhead markers.....and, if we could inspect that dial up close, and had unblurry pix....I may have a different opinion.

9. Mattjames84 Mar 29, 2020

Oh forgot to mention it's got the snap back. And it runs.

10. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Mar 29, 2020

You're really in trouble if it has a snap back.

Edited Mar 29, 2020
    Transitus and ConElPueblo like this.
  11. R.gee Mar 29, 2020

Can we see the case back?

12. Mattjames84 Mar 29, 2020

X350, please keep your advice to yourself, I dont really care what you've got to say about anything and at the moment dont have much respect for you.. I'm sure no watch is good enough for you judging buy what youve said so far..

13. Passover Mar 29, 2020

::popcorn::

14. Vanallard Mar 29, 2020

Based on your posts, it seems you haven’t learned very much in the close to 5 years you’ve been a member of OF so you might want to consider whatever @X350 XJR has to say as he’s one of the most respected and knowledgeable members on this forum.

Spruce likes this.
  15. Mattjames84 Mar 29, 2020

No havent learned very much about omega.. I know more about rolex. And I dont really care who he is or how much money hes got or wants to have, he seems like nothing but a shit talker who wants to state his own opinion instead of helping people and by you stickinging up for him your probably not far behind him.. I happen to like the stories behind whatever it is I'm buying not how pristine it is

16. Mattjames84 Mar 29, 2020

Guess I figure it all out by myself cause so far the only things guys like him have told me was it would be impossible to find a part the it took me a day to find for watch that "is a pig"... real big fuckin help

17. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Mar 29, 2020

Maybe you will listen to me. I have never seen a legitimate 2nd generation Constellation (cal. 551, cal. 561 or cal. 564) with a snap back case.

I suspect this one is a screw back case as it looks correct. In very poor condition, but still correct. The top left lug looks bent. If the movement is in as poor of a condition as the case means an even larger cash outlay.

It will take a large investment to make anything of value from this.

IMO the only thing of value here is the dial, if it is legitimate. From that picture, it is impossible to tell one way or the other.

My advice would be to run away from this one.
    gatorcpa

18. ConElPueblo Mar 29, 2020

So you don't think it is odd that it has a snap back? No red lights flashing?

19. Mattjames84 Mar 29, 2020

Thank you gatorcpa, I appreciate that. I may take a stab at it if i can get it cheap enough, not looking to make a million dollars or spend 3k on one that I'm likely going to wear and mess up anyway.. and yes I like to wear them, not put them in a lock box

20. Mattjames84 Mar 29, 2020

Maybe my memory is wrong and it a screw back, honest mistake. Theres a couple different ways x350 could have said it instead of just what he said and offering no other info to my actual question.. and I didnt appreciate how he called the other watch iv got a pig when all I wanted was a lead on parts... if nobody else thinks that's a bit ignorant then I'm on the wrong forum and theres more people to much money then anything else.. you all can collect the watches that never got worn, I'll take the ones that were enjoyed