Forums Latest Members
  1. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jul 6, 2016

Most of you may have seen this post.

Well I dropped around to the house today to bring the bins in, water a few plants and check the mail.
    Nothing in the mail box though :(.

But when I got to the front door, waiting patiently on the mat was a Package from Chattanooga USA! ::psy::
    I was inside in a flash, bugger all of the chores, I went straight to the bench with a blade and started to open this.
    In my haste I forgot to turn off the alarm and nearly deafened myself (well, even more deaf).

OPP.JPG

Like the previous Peculiar Package, this one was extremely well packed with some interesting newspaper and bubble wrap. However, after I dug my way into the depths and unpacked the contents, I found the treasure!

OPPO.JPG

My Peculiar Package contained a beautiful brass book holder with Omega plaques both sides and a small silver bar on the plinth, and to set it off, an Omega display pad the opens to a felt covered mat to place watches on. Omegas of course. I ducked into my bookcase and grabbed a Breguet book and an Omega catalogue to try it for size.
    Just perfect :thumbsup:

OBS.JPG

I'm now back house sitting so I'll have time to unwrinkle all of that newspaper to read about what happened in the USA last week while popping my bubble wrap.

What a nice way to spend a cold rainy winter afternoon.

Cheers

Jim

2. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jul 6, 2016

And now for something a little more serious.

This is a great WIS website and I'm lucky to be a part of it, and even luckier to participate in the traditional Summer Photo Competition arranged by @Darlinboy, and even luckier still to be nominated for a prize.

But the luck isn't confined to me. We are all lucky to have Paul as one our members. Not only has he contributed in keyboard work, he has also organised the traditional SPC and unselfishly provided prizes for the winners.

And before you think his generosity ends there, just look at the postage charges for the Peculiar Packages and you'll soon realise that @Darlinboy gives much more to this forum than some others do.

So this is a post to let you all know what a great member he is, what a great forum this is, and it's also for me to say thanks to Paul for his morale building efforts.

Cheers

Jim

ahartfie, gostang9, NT931 and 9 others like this.
  3. Optimizer13 Jul 6, 2016

tapaptpat likes this.
  4. Willem023 Jul 6, 2016

+1

!!!!

Sometimes we (I do) need to be reminded that this whole community only exists because of people are willing to spend time and money to upkeep it in good nick.
    Count me in as one of the guys that will try to -in a friendly way...:rolleyes:- uphold the standards and collective exchange of knowledge!

Cheers
    W

tapaptpat and Darlinboy like this.
  5. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jul 6, 2016

Just noticed that my PP isn't from Chattanooga, but from Dalton Georgia. Still, it looks like good things come from both places.

:D

dialstatic and Darlinboy like this.
  6. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Jul 6, 2016

I move around a lot... harder for them to find the still. :whistling:

7. tapaptpat Jul 6, 2016

I'll have 2 bottles from the '16 batch please. Do you still accept pounds as a currency?

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Darlinboy likes this.
  8. tapaptpat Jul 6, 2016

+2

Darlinboy likes this.
  9. tapaptpat Jul 6, 2016

@JimInOz congrats on you wonderful felted pad and embossed plinth.

Darlinboy likes this.