Forums Latest Members
  1. Dash1 Mar 22, 2013

2. Kringkily Omega Collector / Hunter Mar 22, 2013

nice watch! Man I should be keeping my eyes open more lol. Too bad about the caseback as I love to see military engravings but totally understandable with the removal after service. Hope whoever bought it was on this forum :)

Dash1 likes this.
  3. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Mar 22, 2013

Am i wrong or is that the second one from HK in the past few weeks?

4. Kringkily Omega Collector / Hunter Mar 22, 2013

uh oh... lol hmm wonder how much more I could get if I put a T on my dial and polished the hippo off my caseback...jk. Would be scary if that was what is happening in the market...

5. MyVintageOmega Mar 22, 2013

They got a good price out of it.......... the original bracelet would have upped it even more. Nice watch!

6. Dash1 Mar 23, 2013

Actually the fact that the back doesn't have engravings makes it more likely to be genuine, no? If you were going to create a 'fake' out of a standard Seamaster 300 you might as well add some numbers to get the price.
    It looks good to me.

7. Kringkily Omega Collector / Hunter Mar 23, 2013

Yeah I don't doubt the polishing of the caseback and this piece being authentic. I was just wondering how much one could try and make if they put the tritium circle and polished off the caseback (although dishonest). Every vintage piece should ask for an extract of archive especially when such things could swing the price wildly

I also thought the engraving form the one's I've seen were pretty deep that even with a polish off you would still see it. I would believe more engraving removal to hide some numbers to be easier. Just a thought.

8. Dash1 Mar 23, 2013

I can't find one among the completed sales.

9. Dash1 Mar 23, 2013

10. flame Speedmaster Neil Mar 23, 2013

Hi Ash

Just seen this thread....and saw the Ebay seller....oh dear !

This Guy (Watch-Navi) has just had to settle a number of claims relating to Non-Omega 'put together' divers ALL bearing an identical movement serial number. He initially claimed they were NOS and then once found out admitted that a local Watch maker had put them together for him....guess he forgot to mention the matching serial numbers....but was refusing to refund due to the time involved in discovering the other owners who were sold the offending pieces.

Anyway , the complaint ended up with a very Senior ebay exec after the threat of legal action and the next thing was the Seller not being able to refund fast enough.... :D

Barge & Pole when it therefore comes to a Military sm300 then....

Best - Neil

SpikiSpikester likes this.
  11. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Mar 23, 2013

Ash,
    After I posted like your good self I decided to check and no trace, not up to speed on the bay, could it have been listed, withdrawn and re listed ?
    Maybe i'm losing the plot but could swear there was one.

12. Dash1 Mar 24, 2013

Yes if it had been withdrawn by ebay you can't find it in the 'completed' listings, but if it had been relisted it would either show in the for sale listings or the completed if it re-sold. There has been a couple of military ones for sale in recent weeks though - one in the UK (sold for over £5000) and a fake from Europe (Germany?).

13. adam78 Adam @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 24, 2013

As Neil mentioned, this seller (Derek) is very shady, also in the Rolex world, and is to be avoided. I will, however, say that I bought my excellent (and legit) 1970 Rolex 5513 Sub from him about 6 years ago (several years before light of the shenanigans surfaced).

14. Dash1 Mar 24, 2013

Cheers Neil - very interesting! I know this seller seems to have a very mixed bag of watches for sale in terms of originality.
    This particular example looks okay in most respects to me, but the thing that makes me think it might have been original is the blank case-back. You would surely add a few 'issue' numbers if creating a fake one out of original parts?? Maybe not, but its certainly buyer beware!

15. Dash1 Apr 1, 2013