Forums Latest Members
  1. Hands90 Dec 30, 2018

I'm not interested in buying this one but there are a few things that came up as a red flag. Especially the date window not actually magnifying the date.
    What do you guys think. This is the best photo I could take. 20181230_202934.jpg 20181230_202947.jpg

2. Cipolla Feb 16, 2019

May just a dummy?

i20rider and connieseamaster like this.
  3. dabbispade Feb 16, 2019

I don´t know alot about these Rolex watches but it does not look very convincing.

4. Sublime_1 Feb 16, 2019

Maybe an aftermarket crystal?

5. speedy57 Feb 18, 2019

Well, I'll take a shot at it since you asked. This is only my thoughts based on the provided pics and how they show up on my computer screen. BUT, the gold appears "odd" in finish, wavy or something. The face edge, where it meets the inside ring, seems to have poor fit. The magnifier not magnifying is way odd, and something about the crystal looks cheap and "plastic-like." Now this can all be the pics, so IDK, but it's my thoughts. My last thought is that the Certified Pre-Owned card appears to say the watch is certified by a gemologist. Not a watch expert or Rolex authorized dealer at least. Gemologists are not Rolex experts, they are gemstone experts. My .02 worth. Oh, and funny story from work... sorry has to be vague... A certain Law Enforcement Agency seized 3 Rolexes from a certain large scale criminal. The agency sent all 3 out to a jewelry store that had a certified gemologist to verify if they were real and put a value on them for the seizure (gov paperwork, etc.). Well, all 3 came back as real and valued at thousands each. Recently, I was able to handle them. Two real, ONE fake as fake can be. Total Chinese knockoff. I mentioned it to the correct folks and they were all sent back out to the local ROLEX dealer. Yep, two real, one fake as fake can be. Moral of the story, gemologists for stones, Certified Rolex Watchsmith for a Rolex.

6. hungdangnguyen23 Feb 18, 2019

I agree with you, something about it just looks off to me.

Jerseyhammer likes this.
  7. watchknut New watch + Instagram + wife = dumbass Feb 18, 2019

Looks like a polished POS with an aftermarket crystal.

8. knafel1983 Feb 27, 2019

Might just be overpolished with an aftermarket crystal, but still it's hideous! Maybe it's for that Rolex fanboy, who's looking for his first Rolex.

9. nttisch23 Feb 28, 2019

Could be the pictures, but there’s something about this that just looks..... off, almost like something you’d see on Facebook buy and sell

10. hbombkid Mar 8, 2019

This almost reminds me of a store a few friends and I went in. They had a bunch of “previously enjoyed” rolexes lol. The sales guy said it like 10 times. I asked about one and was like is this even real something seems off. His response was the real one is in the back this is just for display purposes. I felt a little bad walking out after laughing in the guys face. Ok not really sorry lol

watch3s likes this.
  11. watch3s Mar 10, 2019

to be honest, i actually laughed out loud reading this, but i really wouldnt trust a store that needs to have a "decoy" display rolex

12. vintagemillenial Mar 10, 2019

I would stay away. Far away. The crystal was 100% replaced, that date loop looks awful, no magnification, no certified Rolex service would do that. This also means the watch was opened and serviced by someone who may or may not have replaced parts with aftermarket parts. The dial also looks refinished, could just be the photo.

13. fastfras Mar 10, 2019

Two tone Rolex watches kind of suck yet I still think this watch is real. Not sure how you can tell if the magnification is 2.5 times with the angle of the pick. Something is weird with the dial and it seems to be damaged but that could be the cel phone camera or perhaps the lighting.

I'm not sure i would run away until viewed it in the flesh - so to speak.

Now, to be sure, I'd likely use most of the previously posted comments to bringdown the cost yet, some of the best previously owned watches I've purchased don't look good in pics.

The polished case and strap are definitely overdone.

14. 007007007 Mar 11, 2019

Run

15. JwRosenthal Mar 13, 2019

On this theme, I was in an upscale consignment boutique a few weeks ago. There was a pair of Raybans in the case and I asked to see them. The second they hit my hands I knew they were fake, way too light, rough edges around the temples, no ref # in the temples, no RB inscribed on the glass, the temple logos were glued on, a pair of $3 knock-off. I handed them back to the clerk and said "sorry, these are fakes, you guys should pull them from the case", and he very indignantly said, "you are mistaken, we have certified they are real"....I just smiled and said thanks and walked away. There is no talking with these folks. What was upsetting it that they probably bought them at genuine value and got duped due to the oversight of one of their buyers, and are going to pass that mistake on to an unknowing customer. I wanted to call their corporate office and let them know....but to what end.

16. 007007007 Mar 13, 2019

We can’t be the fake merchandise police.