Forums Latest Members
  1. Tom Dick and Harry Oct 2, 2014

Hi all

This chap has sold five different in the last six weeks, all of them had some odd issues (wrong movement, wrong dial etc etc), anyway, check out this example, dial and hands, OK, bezel OK BUT is that case remanufactured or just completely re-lapped, look like some corrosion marks on the back

Thoughts??

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OMEGA-SPE...es_Watches_MensWatches_GL&hash=item3ce9626749Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

2. Tom Dick and Harry Oct 2, 2014

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Selbo Oct 2, 2014

The dial for a 105.003 should be an applied logo...

JohnSteed likes this.
  4. Tom Dick and Harry Oct 2, 2014

OH yeah, missed that!

Just seems out of no where in the last month the guy has sold more 321 Speedies than came to market entirely in the month previous and everyone has had something suspicious about it! The case on this one has eaier been lapped, is fake or I don't know what but it's certainly just all together too good to be right

5. Davidt Oct 2, 2014

Judging by the fact that there are remnants of pitting on the back of the lugs, I'd be inclined to say the case has been completely refinished.

Seeing as the dial and hands are incorrect for a 105.003, and looking at some of their other offerings, it might be a franken, put together from parts.

6. Selbo Oct 2, 2014

I'm sure you're like me, once a seller tries to pass off an incorrect piece as original, I disregard anything else they're trying to sell. Where there's smoke, there's fire. Well, to be fair, the seller never says the watch is entirely original but this sure looks like it was pieced together. He's not being dishonest but he's not being honest either. Regardless, it's enough to scare me away for good.

7. Mark020 not the sharpest pencil in the ΩF drawer Oct 4, 2014

Sorry: but where does he claim it is (100%) original? His description is just a very factual write up of the watch.

8. bish789 Oct 4, 2014

Ended. Must have read this post::facepalm1::

9. stefan Oct 5, 2014

This seller has a good reputation in the watch trade and is known for his high end excellent work. He bought loads of Pre Moon Speedmaster watches for a long time ago when price was reasonable and i don't blame him for unloading his watches now when it seams to be the right time when everybody is going crazy about straight lugs Speedmasters. I'm sure he's not deliberately selling the watches with incorrect parts but just in the condition he bought them in except for the refinishing of the case, excellent job :thumbsup:

JohnSteed likes this.
  10. Tom Dick and Harry Oct 5, 2014

Great to know stefan

that's why I love he forums, he's definitely had and got some really interesting pieces! That case work is great ;-)

just got my 105 back from Bienne today so watch this space later for an update ;-)

thanks for for the info, will keep an eye on his stuff now I know he's well known and respected

tom

11. JohnSteed Oct 5, 2014

Thanks stefan That's a great perspective to disclose

- Spencer

12. Gaz6263 Oct 5, 2014

Bought loads !!!
    wow how many is he sitting on ?