Forums Latest Members
  1. Carlton-Browne Nov 10, 2014

This has just come back from an overhaul by Paul at Electric watches. I had one of these last year and stupidly sold it to another member on here (Gary, you know who you are!). There's a little twist inasmuch as the main colour of the dial on this is blue rather than silver and, to me, that makes a whole world of difference. I've also learnt something from Gary's incoming post last year and am intent on putting a lot more effort into choosing straps for it - particularly tapering ones! They're the future, I tell you.

Here's the one that went
    [​IMG]
    http://omegaforums.net/threads/new-arrival-ug-unisonic.4964/

And here's the new one. Although only 38mm it wears quite a lot larger due to the shape of the case.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Although my photos don't really show it the blue on the dial has a particular and very pleasing iridescence and the shiny faceted metal indices contrast rather nicely. Lug width is 24mm and it's sitting on a pretty shoddy 22mm grey lizard at the moment until other options come to fruition. I've ordered a tapered 24x16mm cork from my usual source in the Portuguese horology museum and I'm hoping to hear from them this week. I also think a bluey-grey suede from a certain Chilean strapmaker will also be a plan in the not too distant future (meaning I will probably order that this afternoon). Alligator, possibly in navy blue, is also likely to happen at some stage. The lugs are shrouded and I have had a UK source come up with a NOS UG bracelet which unfortunately has end pieces - I'm going to take it anyway and hope that some fettling is possible to make it fit. Once I've paired it with a bracelet then I'll then start contemplating a proper refurb.

Jonatan, Gavin and ELV web like this.