Forums Latest Members
  1. Paul Ashman Jan 29, 2014

This one has been sitting in a box on my dresser for years, my mother must have given it to me along with some of my dad's cuff links and other miscellany. never really looked at it, case number 11057 62, also a 143 inside a "box" imprint shaped like Vermont, and 18k with 0.750, there is another hallmark that I cannot make out. The movement is a 620, with a 19727168.
    Any thoughts? My wife won't wear it, so I may or may not keep it. Any ideas on value?
    image.jpg image.jpg

2. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jan 29, 2014

This is a ladies' "cocktail" watch. These were the equivalent of the small and thin men's dress watches from the early 1960's. Here is a close cousin of your watch from the Omega Vintage Database:

http://www.omegawatches.com/planet-omega/heritage/vintage-omegas/vintage-watches-database?ref=15604

Not exactly the one, but the movement and dial details are the same.

Value on these are gold melt, which isn't very much, plus a small premium for a working movement. There just isn't a market for these.

Most women today wear watches that are larger than the men's watches back then.
    gatorcpa

3. kyle L Grasshopper Staff Member Jan 29, 2014

+1 on Gator's response. Value is pretty much in the gold and you usually see these selling for a couple hundred of dollars unless someone is specifically looking for one.

4. Paul Ashman Jan 29, 2014

Is it all 18k? Or is the clasp and rings plated?

5. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jan 29, 2014

Don't know, you'd have to tell us. Generally, these would have come from the factory with gold furnishings. However, who knows what happened over the last 50 years.

A lot of the gold buckles were melted when gold prices got crazy in the early 1980's.
    gatorcpa

6. ulackfocus Jan 29, 2014

If I were a betting man, and I've been known to throw a buck or two down here & there, I'd wager only the case is solid gold. Any of the hardware associated with the strap is probably gold plated.