Forums Latest Members
  1. GaryUFM Sep 28, 2015

My new PO 45.5mm picked up today. Absolutely over the moon at my first proper watch buy and look forward to the deluge now the floodgates are open (relatively speaking!).

IMAG0662.jpg IMAG0674.jpg IMAG0660.jpg

For those on here whose paths I've crossed asking about vintage or LE Speedys, I plumped for this - another watch I'd been lusting after for a long while - after a recent change in circs (as in last Friday) suggests my watch buying capacity has just increased and the potential for future buys is looking promising. So rather than stretch myself now, I thought I'd stick within budget, get a watch I'm really happy with, and go for the more costly Speedies within the next 12 months or so. Felt the need to explain this in case I came across as indecisive/schizophrenic! There is a method to my madness...somewhere!

Thanks to all on OF for the help to this point. Hope I might be able to give something back in time!

2. joedel87 Sep 28, 2015

Excellent purchase..if you dont mind me asking- what do you do?

3. GaryUFM Sep 28, 2015

For work? Corporate insurance business development...no, wait...it's not as boring as it sounds...come back!

The opportunity that's come up is in the same field, but going into partnership with one of my agents (as opposed to being a salaried employee of the underwriting company). Earning potential in this position as a result is limited only by confluence of ambition/ability/opportunity.

Fingers crossed I end up spending a lot of time on here researching and sharing future purchases!

You?

tpatta likes this.
  4. Audley Yung Sep 28, 2015

That is a big ass watch, congrats though!

5. joedel87 Sep 28, 2015

Looking forward to seeing what the future holds! I can alway appreciate when someone takes the risk and goes out on their own- god speed good sir..... with every success, reward yourself with a fine timepiece.

I have an electrical contracting company which luckily allows me to dabble in horology.

6. italy1861 Sep 28, 2015

Congrats on a great watch. I'm sure the first of many!

7. lillatroll Sep 29, 2015

Congratulations, I was thinking of going for one of those but decided on the SM300 which I will get when I go home in two weeks time. I think the main thing for me was the thickness of the watch compared with the SM300.

8. GaryUFM Sep 29, 2015

It is that! I think after a few years with the Suunto though (a genuine tool, the functions of which I use all the time) I'm used to the size, so it doesn't feel that big to me, or look unusually large on, to my eyes.

Well that is most definitely the plan, thanks for the good wishes: long may we 'dabble'!

Yup, up next a decent vintage/LE Speedy!

9. GaryUFM Sep 29, 2015

See my comments above on that one. As my first watch, I wanted it to be an all rounder: could be smart, could be casual or sporty. As such, was happy to carry a bit more bulk than if I was after a pure dress watch. Life is good though if that's the kind of decisions we face though, eh? ;)

Baz9614 likes this.
  10. happytapy Sep 29, 2015

Gary, you don't come across as indecisive. I think I used to be indecisive, but now I am not so sure. [emoji1]. Great watch pickup. May it be the first of many. [emoji106]

11. lillatroll Sep 29, 2015

Yep, first world problems :)

GaryUFM likes this.
  12. GaryUFM Sep 29, 2015

Thanks! But you might not say that if you've been on the receiving end of one of my PMs enquiring about your vintage or LE Speedmaster via the Private Sale section! ;)

13. abrod520 Sep 29, 2015

As someone in a similar situation all I can say is: hold on.... Because I've become an absolute monster with the watch purchases this summer ;)

Enjoy - and happy hunting for a Speedmaster!

GaryUFM likes this.
  14. falcon4311 Sep 29, 2015

No watch says quality like a PO. Congrats!

GaryUFM likes this.
  15. GaryUFM Sep 29, 2015

Thanks guys, I don't feel like an interloper now either!:D

16. supersmitty Sep 29, 2015

Beautiful!
    My new to me broad arrow says hi!
    [​IMG]

Baz9614 and GaryUFM like this.
  17. GaryUFM Sep 29, 2015

Hello! Very nice! :cool:

18. guelerct Sep 29, 2015

Nice job
    That's my favorite color combo of the bunch

supersmitty and GaryUFM like this.
  19. Superdoc Sep 29, 2015

Congratulations!!!

Nothing like that first one!

You'll be chasing this high for years to come...

And no matter how precious the metal, or complicated the movement, or how many zero's in the MSRP... nothing will come close to this!

The one you love first is always the one you love most..

Cherish this!!!

supersmitty, Dombo63 and GaryUFM like this.
  20. Omega One Sep 30, 2015

This is my first Omega Planet Ocean Liquidmetal watch and only Omega I own image.jpeg

GaryUFM likes this.