1. sumerian Gold Constellation Magpie May 21, 2013

Looks like a decent one and surprisingly priced decent ..:
    finally the seller came to senses.

I feel it is good buy if the auction ends below 7k
    weighs 139 and the bracelet looks better than brick/cobra bbracelet

would be a interesting auction to watch

http://bit.ly/1194maL

2. ulackfocus May 21, 2013

I never liked the way that bracelet meets the case. Nice watch though.

Love the seller telling us the winner will get the last 3 digits of the serial number when it's shown in the movement shot: 714. :p

3. sumerian Gold Constellation Magpie May 21, 2013

I dont think seller has any clue ...
    that expains why he priced it near 10k earlier

4. ulackfocus May 21, 2013

There have been a few C-cases, day/date 751's and date only 561's, on eBay in the $9000 price range. That's why they keep getting relisted - nobody will fork out more than $7k for one yet.

5. cristos71 May 21, 2013

Sorry, but I don't see it at all.

I've had a solid gold one of these and found it very dated looking. I could not bond with it at all and I started to find the "c" case quite ugly by the end. Totally contrasting to how I feel about the earlier Constellations, which I really like and have quite a few of.

The bracelet on the example shown doesn't even seem to fit and the thought of spending $5500 on this does not sound like a good investment, be that financially or from a collecting perspective.
    If I'm going to drop that kind of money on something I really need to feel the ::love:: and lots of it.

Chris

6. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member May 21, 2013

I too much prefer the early 1950s connies over all the other models - the earliest connies being my personal favorite. I own 1 c-case constellation and I must confess it is more to own a representative example.

7. sumerian Gold Constellation Magpie May 21, 2013

Respect your opinion but I wouldn't agree with your opinion...
    may be I am one of the very few who appreciates the design characteristics of a C Connies. Good for us less competition :)
    if one strictly talks about the value than the melt value itself is 4600$ for this if it really ends at 5500 I don't see how can it be bad purchase

8. ulackfocus May 21, 2013

Chris, there was a time in the 80's that nobody cared much for the Grand Luxe Constellations either. You could buy them for a song. Well, a little over melt value. Everybody wanted Rolexes back then. The only thing constant is change - and your opinion might change too. In my 20's I couldn't be bothered with winding a watch every day. Better to change a battery once every 3 to 5 years, and have my watch vary one minute annually instead of one minute each week or two. Now I can't be bothered with quartz.

9. cristos71 May 21, 2013

Respectable members, let me begin by saying that I appreciate, respect and embrace that everybody has their own tastes.

My point was that I personally don't find the "C"shape an attractive watch and the Constellation the OP posted appears to have an ill fitting bracelet which I also would find very annoying at this price point, which is at the extreme top of the $ range that I have ever paid for a watch.

Regards

10. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter May 21, 2013

are those hands correct?