Forums Latest Members

Another atypical addition to mùycollection, the rare 1970 Dugena ref 3000 valjoux 72 Chronograph

1. georgeszaslavsky Aug 30, 2022

Good morning Everyone
    A new and atypical addition to my collection since it is a German brand that has disappeared. The Dugena company was founded in 1917 in Eisenach as a branch of the Swiss brand Alpina. The name is an acronym for "Deutsche Uhrenmacher-Genossenschaft Alpina" (German watchmakers' association Alpina) and soon became a brand in its own right. In 1927, the Dugena factories moved to Berlin and produced quality watches until the 1930s. In the immediate post-war period, the company was on the verge of liquidation: At that time, Dugena's headquarters were located in the eastern part of Berlin, which was occupied by the Soviet Union. As sales to the West became increasingly difficult, the headquarters were moved to Darmstadt in 1948. In the following years, Dugena benefited from the German economic miracle. In the 1960s and 1970s, Dugena successfully weathered the quartz revolution. By 1973, the company had over 2,000 stores in Germany. The Dugena's were qualitative watches, my choice was a very very rare chronograph in Valjoux 72 (yet another determining criterion in my choices) with an original dial as well as the purchase of a vintage box.
    Pictures of the seller, I will post mine as soon as it arrives
    Kind regards
    Georges
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ron_W, bardamu, mcemeren and 6 others like this.
  2. georgeszaslavsky Sep 2, 2022

the watch arrived alongwith the box
    [​IMG]

sheepdoll, FREDMAYCOIN, LesXL and 2 others like this.
  3. loniscup Sep 2, 2022

Very nice!! Love those 70s funky dials so much and one on a V72 is much appreciated :)

georgeszaslavsky likes this.
  4. LesXL Sep 2, 2022

Very nice! There is a Dugena diver thread around here if not mistaken. Surely, your pictures will be welcome there :)

5. Ron_W Sep 15, 2022

Nice watch and in excellent condition, congratulations.