Another 3861 movement question

Posts
2,378
Likes
11,243
If this has been addressed before, sorry, but is it better to keep it wound and running all the time, or just wind and set it on the days I wear it? My automatics are on a winder so that's easy.
 
Posts
353
Likes
519
Sure, no need to wind it, but you never know when the urge kicks in and if the watch is wound, you can just grab it and wear it! I sometimes change the watch during the day 馃榾
 
Posts
2,378
Likes
11,243
Sure, no need to wind it, but you never know when the urge kicks in and if the watch is wound, you can just grab it and wear it! I sometimes change the watch during the day 馃榾
Plus I'm ocd about those things.
 
Posts
3
Likes
1
I go as far to pull the crown when I put it back in the box to avoid additional usage.
 
Posts
8,817
Likes
62,459
I go as far to pull the crown when I put it back in the box to avoid additional usage.

That allows moisture ingress.
 
Posts
6,430
Likes
31,576
I go as far to pull the crown when I put it back in the box to avoid additional usage.
But it should be able to run 7+ years continuously before needing a service, this doesn't really prolong the interval.
Edited:
 
Posts
2,378
Likes
11,243
I'd keep it wound, it can't hurt it.
And it's cool to look in the watch box and see all of them at the same time within a few seconds.
 
Posts
353
Likes
519
Maybe it would be worth considering that if your watch rotation allows a particular watch to rest a couple of days, then NOT keeping it wound could prolong the service interval from 7 years to something like 10. This is my opinion, take it with a grain of salt.
 
Posts
2,378
Likes
11,243
I don't have it serviced unless it's broken. Costs the same since they totally go through it whether it needs it or not. But 4 are under warranty for several more years anyway.
 
Posts
3,433
Likes
9,113
No need to wind it if you're not going to wear it.