Forums Latest Members

Anniversary Gift ideas for wife New Omega

1. KEG Sep 20, 2017

Edit* due to suggestions*
    I am new and will be travelling from australia to the usa in a few weeks. We will be in San fran, new york, philly, florida and vegas.
    It is also our 1st wedding anniversary.

I am looking to purchase an omega watch for my wife as a wedding anniversary present. Any suggestions if US will be better priced than buying in australia and claiming the 10% tax when leaving Australia?

What sort of discounts could I expect to get, and any recommendation on stores?

Thank you

Edited Sep 21, 2017
  2. Canuck Sep 20, 2017

Do you have any idea of the size of the USA? Help may be forthcoming if you'll indicate where you will be. Are you looking for new, or vintage? Help the members help you.

KEG likes this.
  3. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Sep 20, 2017

Everything is cheaper than Australian prices even with duty free. :rolleyes:

Just back from GUAM ( US territory ) and most things were cheaper even with exchange rates at the moment. No watches but a pair of Maui Jim sunglasses worked out $40-50 cheaper than anywhere online in Aus. Take one pair of shoes as the price of runners and shoes and basically all clothing is a huge difference and worth taking advantage of.

Did look at watches and Tudor was $4-600ish cheaper ( but there is a customs decleration that asks if you have bought goods over a certain amount overseas :unsure: )

Most luxury goods are priced in comparison around the world nowdays

the.watchdoc and KEG like this.
  4. KEG Sep 21, 2017

We are going philly, NYC, florida, vegas, san fran. Looking for new. Something around $4000 (inclusive of tax)

5. the.watchdoc Sep 21, 2017

Fairly certain most places are cheaper than Australia. But I know for a fact that, while most luxury watch companies are indeed matching their prices internationally, Malaysia (which is where I'm from) has significantly cheaper prices for Omega than nearly anywhere else I know of.

For example, the traditional hesalite Speedmaster Professional has an MSRP of $5250 USD, but the MRSP here (direct from the Omega website) is RM18900, which works out to about $4500. Add in some discounts from the AD and I picked mine up from an official AD with the stamped warranty card and all at less than gray market prices :D

KEG likes this.
  6. panaitchrono Oct 8, 2017

Are you sure that you wife would want a Omega watch and not something else? My wife dosen't like the lady watches from Omega although like very much the man models..