And the winner is…

Posts
1,077
Likes
4,454
Picked up a few things from the local building supply company for the major house renovation project I’ve got going. Owner was there and I spotted his Submariner. That led to a nice conversation…and one in which he revealed he had never heard of, or seen, a Speedmaster. He said, Man, that’s a sexy watch. Winner? Speedmaster by a mile in my book.
 
Posts
1,077
Likes
4,454
Both horological icons. Many collectors have both.
Beauty of a watch for sure. It just doesn’t suit me. A little much bling for that particular one.
 
Posts
106
Likes
376
Of those two models, I do prefer the Speedy. Now show it with an Explorer and I might change my mind. 😉
 
Posts
24,798
Likes
55,079
Very different watches, but I have to say that I wear a Sub at least 10x more often than a Speedmaster. Of course, it's not a two-tone blue Sub.
 
Posts
4,855
Likes
12,277
Winner? Speedmaster by a mile in my book.

Just checked my book, and it says the Speedmaster wins by a mile as well.
 
Posts
13,915
Likes
54,106
I have never liked the three tone Rolex models, too fussy, but if the guy likes it, he’s a winner, you’re a winner. I own two GMT, a sub and two Speedies … “winners” all. Always fun and rare to fall into a watch discussion.
 
Posts
219
Likes
209
At first sight, I thought it was an Invicta or something like that 😁 Not a fan of that blue.
 
Posts
3,297
Likes
9,923
It depends, do you work in Wall street or on a space station?

Are you a pimp or a pilot?

Speedy for me please, since I admire pilots and astronauts more.
 
Posts
2,802
Likes
3,730
Why is the time on the clock different? Who has it displayed inaccurately?

My guess would be the Rolex, because many owners wear them for show, not to tell time!

😀
 
Posts
5,309
Likes
53,961
At first sight, I thought it was an Invicta or something like that 😁 Not a fan of that blue.

You read my mind! I have the identical Invicta.
 
Posts
613
Likes
5,529
It depends, do you work in Wall street or on a space station?

Are you a pimp or a pilot?

Speedy for me please, since I admire pilots and astronauts more.

it’s always fun to read all the different opinions. As a career pilot, I am embarrassed to admit that I have never owned a Speedie. It’s now nice to know that I can now refer to myself as an Invicta wearing pimp



I do have a very nice TT 16233 Datejust with a sunburst Blue dial that I will trade someone for a nice Speedie?
 
Posts
3,297
Likes
9,923
it’s always fun to read all the different opinions. As a career pilot, I am embarrassed to admit that I have never owned a Speedie. It’s now nice to know that I can now refer to myself as an Invicta wearing pimp



I do have a very nice TT 16233 Datejust with a sunburst Blue dial that I will trade someone for a nice Speedie?

👍


That`s just a Invicta tribute! Maybe the pimpin`business isn`t going so good for you. Lets see that Invicta engraving on the left side of the case. 😀
 
Posts
24,798
Likes
55,079
They don't appeal to me, but I'm pretty sure that in certain parts of the world, the TT Rolex models are huge sellers.