Forums Latest Members

And the best Omega Boutique is….

1. Mr Gadget Apr 17, 2017

I want to start a frank discussion on the OB’s that I have been to and rate them accordingly. This is not a definitive list and is very subjective, as there are numerous factors that influence their interaction. Also this is in no way a criticism of the staff but is an overall feel of the store. I know that they are there to sell items to you but each one is a considered purchase due to the cost.

Obviously other people may have different experiences in the same store that I have too, but ultimately want I would like as an outcome is how can Omega make the boutiques better and have a enhanced experience.

I have come up with a few headline categories to help me come up with the best store that I have been too in no particular order.

· Friendliness

· Knowledge

· Aftercare

· Helpfulness

· Going that extra mile

· Beverage offered or not

I have been to the following stores central London:

· Bond Street

· Regent Street

· Oxford Street

· Westfield White City

· Westfield Stratford

· Harrods

Abroad, I have been to:

· 5th avenue New York

· Hamburg Germany

· Berlin Germany

· Indonesia Denpasar

· Dubaimall, Dubai

As I live in London, I have been to the London stores more often than the branches abroad.

Out of the London branches, the best experience I have had, has to be Westfield White City. The service, knowledge and interaction with the staff has been exceptional. I really cannot fault the store.

Next on the list is Regent Street. I have been in this branch numerous times to try on various time pieces and speak to them about various models. Their knowledge of Omega is exceptional.

Third is Bond Street.

Fourth is Westfield Stratford.

Generally, once you speak to the staff about the watches that I have and the models that I am interested in, they do warm to you.

Joint last is Harrods (which is a concession I believe) and Regent Street.

In both shops, you feel you have to look like you have a serious amount of wealth before they will speak to you. Maybe this is due to the general clientele that they deal with.

I have also had equally great experiences in New York, Hamburg and Berlin.

In Dubia and Indonesia, I got the impression that they did not have the knowledge base and even when I told them that I had a Seamaster 300 Spectre their faces were a complete blank.

I would like feedback and comments from the forum members on your experiences of OB branches, especially in London.

2. tyrantlizardrex Apr 17, 2017

Royal Exchange - has been my go-to London Boutique, as I used to work down the street from it.

I've lost count of the amount of time I've spent chatting with Sunni and Raj about vintage stuff, new releases, and just things we'd like to own.

It's only open during the week, and a small store to boot, but very welcoming and friendly.

Regents Street - I've used for a service, they were very professional, but didn't seem all that interested in anything other than what they were selling, which is fine, they're there to shift units.

Sloane Street - I bought a few boxes from, probably the nicest store in central London, friendly staff, good knowledge,

3. munichblue Apr 17, 2017

Never been to an OB abroad but I'm a big fan of the boutique in Munich. Friendliness and helpfulness of the staff is outstanding and the knowledge of the watchmaker (the only one of all German boutiques) is awesome.

Yes I know, I spent a lot of money there, but they always treat me in a special way which makes me feel very welcomed and respected. And most important not in an airy manner but in a very relaxed atmosphere (hope I found the right words).

4. ConElPueblo Apr 17, 2017

Never been close to purchasing anythin in an OB and only ever ventured into one, which was in Frankfurt. I was treated with the most sincere friendliness and interest from the staff.

5. Longbow Apr 17, 2017

The only one? I'm not sure I understand. Do you mean the only OB with a watchmaker, or the only one with good knowledge?

I met Herr Müller (Uhrmachermeister) at the OB in Hamburg, he seemed very savvy to me, but then again anyone that can get the back off a watch without screwing things up is smarter than me so what would I know.::confused2::

edit: forgot to answer the questions Ref Hamburg OB:-
    · Friendliness: very! or they are good a faking interest in my endless blather. I feel very welcome in my Hamburg OB. I am always greeted by name when I enter.

· Knowledge: High I guess. Hard to judge since I'm a clueless Noob.

· Aftercare: Good. I have never felt neglected or overcharged. Even tolerated my Sharkmeshed Globemaster.

· Helpfulness: See previous answer

· Going that extra mile: :) Yes

· Beverage offered or not: Always, hot or cold with or without gas (in the water)

Edited Apr 17, 2017
  6. abrod520 Apr 17, 2017

I've been to the OB on 5th Ave, it's a good experience but really depends on what watch you're wearing when you stop in. I was wearing my vintage Heuer Carrera one day when I happened by, and spoke about some upcoming releases etc but they never followed up.
    Next time I went in (and spoke with a different salesperson) I happened to be wearing my Speedmaster Apollo XI 45th LE, was promptly followed up with about my questions and such.

I think that one probably has a low conversion rate due to the high foot traffic, so there weren't any beverages or other little perks, but very friendly and helpful staff.

Kreindog24 likes this.
  7. Mr Gadget Apr 17, 2017

I was there last August and I went in wearing a Breitling, but had a 300m Spectre in my bag as we could not check into the hotel at the time. I promptly showed it to them they they were extremely talkative. Wanted to sell me a Bullhead which they got from another branch but it is a bit too chunky.

Kreindog24 likes this.
  8. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Apr 17, 2017

I will give a shout out to the San Diego OB.

Late last year they called me to let me know they had a Snoopy watch and asked if I wanted to buy it. I passed, but told then to call another member here and that worked out great. They are always nice and friendly and clearly like their jobs. They provide exceptional service. I have had a couple of watches serviced and several bracelets polished. And they are always open to cleaning and testing all the Omega watches I own.

Also, they are cool about not making it seem awkward when I walk in wearing a used watch after I had tried on in the showroom (skyfall, Ploprof, SM300ti, POXLti).

I bought my CK2998 from the OB.

Mtnmansa, sevenhelmet and Kreindog24 like this.
  9. RRMagyar Apr 17, 2017

I will extend praise for the Tyson's Corner, Virginia Boutique -- I have bought two watches from them and found the customer service to be exceptional. I will not hesitate to buy my next Omega, perhaps the new AT, from them in the future.

10. Vitezi Apr 17, 2017

11. Mr Gadget Apr 18, 2017

I forget to add Sloane Street to the list.

I was in this branch only list week, just to see if they had an update on the Trilogy. Extremely friendly staff, who were willing to talk about everything Omega.
    Defiantly one of the better London Stores.

12. tyrantlizardrex Apr 18, 2017

I'm left with the impression that RE and SS see huge amounts of cash dropped by relatively few people... and as such are bored a lot of the time.

The stores with the slightly more bored staff, seem to be much more fun to have a chat in...

13. nonuffinkbloke #1 Nigel Mansell Fan Apr 18, 2017

NICE SHOP: :)If you're ever enjoying a summer break down here on the South coast in beautiful Dorset, UK, drop into Michael Matthews in Westover Road, just off The Square in Bournemouth.

They welcomed me, showed me the Omega watches I wanted to see, and offered me a coffee. They were very helpful with my enquiries and their Omega chap said he was a regular visitor to this forum and knew Simon Freese (then at STS). Very nice place to visit.

NOT SO NICE SHOP: :(Now you would think Charles Fox in Bournemouth (with their Omega boutique) would be a nice place for me to head for??? WRONG!

I went in to ask them about quality alternative leather straps for my 105.012-65 to replace my 1171/633:
    A)They told me I would not find one to fit a Speedmaster properly, but they would fit a correct NASA velcro strap for approx £240
    B) They told me that they knew nothing of Swiss Time Services, UK and that I should only send my vintage Speedmaster to Omega for a service.
    C) When I told them that I had been advised, by experts on this forum "not to wind my 52 year old watch until it had been inspected and serviced", Their staff told me "That's ridiculous! These Speedmaster watches are supposed to wound! You should take advice from us, not a load of internet weirdos! We are an approved Omega dealer!"::facepalm1::
    Can you believe it?... she said that you chaps were a load of weirdos???:D

OH DEAR, OH DEAR, OH DEAR SHOPS: :eek: Alarmingly a couple of small vintage watch shops on the South Coast of England gave slightly worrying advice on my lovely, brown dial,105.012-65 Speedmaster. (I go in and just ask their advice as a total and complete novice. I don't tell them that I have been 'clued up' a bit by you chaps on this lovely forum. I just let them look at my Watch and listen to what they say. Interesting to test them out and see how honest the basteddz are???)

One 'vintage expert' told me it had a 70's bracelet and so was probably a 145.022 from about 1972. Would I be interested in selling it?
    (I thought to myself "Sell it?... Not to you mate!...'fakkin' Arthur Daley"!):D

Another so called 'Omega expert' said my watch would sell for about £2000 in his shop. He said "the dial shouldn't be brown... that's not good"...:whistling: and that it needed an expensive service. He then offered me £800, gave me his card in case I wanted to take him up on his offer
    (I thought "£800! For a 1965, 321 brown dial Speedy! you can 'fakk awff' as well Arthur Daley's mate"!).:D
    2017-04-18-11-11-32--1840628380.jpeg
    Now I know you can't always judge by appearances, but I grew up in a rough part of London, UK, so I'm not too bad at spotting a 'wrongun'... funny enough,... they both looked a bit 'iffy':eek:

THANK THE LORD FOR THE ADVICE WE GET ON THIS FORUM AND SPEEDMASTER101! CHEERS CHAPS:thumbsup:

NICE SHOP: :)Ending on a more positive note; Burrells in the historic town of Winchester, UK, were friendly and helpful. The staff member loved my old Speedmaster and was keen to show me the watches that I was interested in.
    NICE SHOP::) Also, I popped in to Goldsmiths in the West Quay centre in the busy port of Southampton, Hampshire. They were very nice and friendly as well.

I shall be visiting historic Bath, Cornwall and South Wales during the summer. I will add my findings to your thread.

Edited Apr 18, 2017
  14. Fatcat Apr 18, 2017

The Boutique of Geneva :)))), allways a coffee or a drink, some goodies for the kids , also goodies for me, I only use the after service because I have only vintage watches, I ask what I want what I don't want and it is donne allways a pleasure to deal with them , long term relation makes friends after that also important.

15. Mr Gadget Apr 18, 2017

I have been in Charles Fox as well. I was just passing and they had a Chronostop 145.009 for over £2k. Did have a box ( not the original )

16. lillatroll Apr 18, 2017

If you are going to Cardiff then the staff in Parkhouse are pleasant and like vintage watches. One of the people in Watches of Switzerland in Cardiff was interested in vintage watches and we had a nice long chat about watches the other bloke I spoke to on different visit was very dismisive of them, or it might just of been me ::confused2::
    There is a shop in one of the arcades Morgan Arcade) called Watches of Wales. They are mostly into Rolex and not always open but worth a visit, depending on who is working.

nonuffinkbloke likes this.
  17. flw history nerd Apr 18, 2017

I'll give a shout out for my local Boutique in Troy, Michigan. Fantastic and knowledgeable service, a very friendly staff (I'm on a first name basis with most of them), and a bubbly beverage offered whenever I'm in there, whether I'm buying or not. My wife and I have bought two watches there, and we have two more scheduled. Five stars.

Kreindog24 and nonuffinkbloke like this.
  18. nonuffinkbloke #1 Nigel Mansell Fan Apr 18, 2017

I've got to go past Cardiff on the M4 to get to Swansea so I will give them a look in.
    Thankyou.

lillatroll likes this.
  19. Mr Gadget Apr 18, 2017

Has anybody dealt with Manchester. I have spoken to them on my quest for a ck2998. They seemed clued up.

nonuffinkbloke likes this.
  20. KstateSkier Apr 18, 2017

Design District, Miami, Florida. Rocky Ramos and his crew are the best. They always keep me informed on the happenings at the boutique and the 2-3 times a year I make it down there they roll out the red carpet, upstairs bar, drinks, its a wrist shot watch fest for sure.