Forums Latest Members

And Just Like That I Satisfied My Urge To Get A Date@6... Wow !

1. sumerian Gold Constellation Magpie Mar 22, 2013

Last couple of weeks i was on a serious addiction and was on a shopping spree... and i started receiving them today came the first one...

This is my favorite and the best of the ones i purchased...::psy:: ::psy:: ::psy::

It might sounds weird but i bought this watch just for the patina it really added character to the watch and surprisingly it matches with band color. Thanks to teh seller he has very nice Hirsch band which i am planning to replace.
    It had only one owner, he bought this watch in cuba before leaving to USA.. He was using this ever since.

Like the story like the patina and most it is Date@6 whats with this Date@6? As it is these vintages are addictive... Date@6 makes it even harder .

Only one issue i have with these watches is they look very tiny as i am used to 40mm+ sizes

Ok enough of my blabber . Let get down to the business.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. sumerian Gold Constellation Magpie Mar 22, 2013

One question..., do you guys think i need to get the hands cleaned? can they be cleaned?

3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 22, 2013

They can be done though I have no idea how personally. They're a great reference the 2627 with larger feel for their size due to those large kinked lugs, enjoy your Seamaster!

4. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 22, 2013

I don't think those hands will clean up very well. You might have to get them replaced. You need a cleaning and new seals anyway.

5. sumerian Gold Constellation Magpie Mar 22, 2013

Will it degrade the value if we replace the hands? or look out of place as the hands look newer than the dial?

6. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 22, 2013

Not really for this watch, you can save them regardless to go with the watch. You might find another watch with the aged hands in better condition in time too. These are fairly common watches. These look too bad , in my opinion, others may differ.