Forums Latest Members

Ancient Seiko Sports 150 in need of repair

1. gecko Jun 23, 2017

IMG_3183.JPG This watch is 32 years old. At one point the capacitor broke and stained the date dial (day of the month only). It needs repair by a real expert with the right parts. Any suggestions? I am willing to ship it anywhere in the world.

2. Canuck Jun 23, 2017

It would be a great help if you told us what measures you have taken, to try to have the watch repaired. Who told you a capacitor leaked? Sounds as though your circuit may have cratered.

There are two alpha-numeric numbers on the bottom of the dial, separated by a hyphen. The first four numbers identify the movement caliber. Your watch likely needs parts, and parts for older Seiko quartz can be tough to find. Post the numbers from the dial and maybe somebody can help. Too much plastic in quartz watches, and the plastic breaks up over time, rendering the watch virtually unrepairable.

3. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jun 23, 2017

Can you please post a clear shot of the numbers on the caseback? That will tell you movement and you might be able to buy a movement on eBay.

But your best bet is the Seiko forum siekoholics.

4. gecko Jun 27, 2017

IMG_3203.JPG I think this picture should work

5. redpcar Jun 27, 2017

old solar movement :(
    Brief check on the world wide web turned up very little on Seiko 8S23.
    I have a short attention span <SQUIRREL> so I'm off to other things.
    I would suggest you focus your search on a replacement movement or a complete watch and swap the guts.

gecko likes this.
  6. gecko Jun 27, 2017

Hope something works. Thanks!