Forums Latest Members

An unexpected purchase king seiko chronometer reference 5626-7170

1. georgeszaslavsky Apr 29, 2021

Good evening
    Unexpected purchase on a very rare king seiko grey dial chronometer reference 5626-7170 with a grey canvas dial produced between 1970-1972. I didn't have a slate grey dial watch, this was a good excuse to buy one and especially with its glass in excellent condition.
    Kind regards
    Georges

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Edited Apr 29, 2021
    ACTmike, Neeb, tnt9 and 1 other person like this.
  2. Lurk41 Apr 29, 2021

The glass looks like the ones they used on Vanac KS. I did not know some other KS had facetted glass too. Good find :thumbsup:

georgeszaslavsky likes this.
  3. Walrus Apr 29, 2021

Very nice really like that look. I just went to pick one up (Ks with a faceted crystal) as the watch place called me said I could pick up “my item” to my dismay it was a ring my wife dropped off the get polished. Darn what a let down. That model you have is really nice. The one I dropped off isn’t a chronometer but has an interesting green dial and those crystals are really something to see. That is a very nice example is that the original bracelet? Just curious I’m not real up on them.

4. georgeszaslavsky Apr 30, 2021

I don't think so, I will put it on a nice camilel fournet strap with a specific KS Buckle.

5. xbarx1 Apr 28, 2022

I just bought up one of these 5626-7170 today. I have a couple King Seiko models, date and day date while looking for a Seiko Grand Seiko 61GS. I'd forgotten there were Officially Certified King Seiko models and loved the gray dial and faceted crystal. I think the chronometer version was a better value than the 6145 or 6146 GS models I was eyeing and the gray dial was a selling point for me as well. I'm assuming the day wheel has English as well. All the others I looked it mentioned Kanji and English.

The 5626-7170 I found looks to be in wonderful condition despite lousy pics but the price was half what others were going for and this one has the original bracelet, which when I looked around, could not find another. I also love the oh-so-1970's case and hooded lugs. Kind of mod and a little weird and unexpected.

I have a 1975 7009-8100 with a blue dial and the same crystal that I got as a high school graduation present and wore for nine years and roached it in a bike crash. I found a replacement several years ago after looking for several years. It's shown in the last pic. s-l1600-2.jpg s-l1600-3.jpg s-l1600-5.jpg s-l1600.jpg

6. tnt9 Apr 30, 2022

great thing with them is that u still can find genuine glass on ebay or Japan auctions. Faceted glass really takes it to next level. Right now I have one LM with faceted glass in my collection, I think it will be there for long time.

georgeszaslavsky and xbarx1 like this.