Forums Latest Members

AN OMEGA MEISTER CONSTELATION IN COLOMBIA.SURAMERICA.

1. ivan francisco Oct 9, 2017

An Omega Meister Constellation, does not have the 8 stars at the observatory in Geneva, it may have been erased by years of use? I testify that this Monday, October 8 still works perfectly and is the most accurate watch I have ever had, is it possible that they have made Omegas Constellation without stars? Thank you Ivan Francisco Rodriguez Lopez Tunja Colombia

omega 6.jpg omega 1.jpg omega 4.jpg omega 5.jpg 117_4621.JPG 117_4600.JPG 117_4607.JPG 117_4610.JPG 117_4612.JPG 117_4616.JPG 117_4618.JPG
  2. BenBagbag Oct 9, 2017

No. What then would be the point of calling it a constellation? :confused:

Heavy polishing does that.

ivan francisco likes this.
  3. ivan francisco Oct 9, 2017

Or the use .... although it seems unbelievable, if it had been for the use, and the impeccable operation of the clock, it is great, a clock of more than 50 years.

4. ivan francisco Oct 9, 2017

The heavy grinding should also affect the Geneva observatory and is seen in very good condition, then there may be the possibility that the stars have been blurred by the use.

5. TropicConnie Oct 10, 2017

Maybe it was overcast the night that case was made?

In all seriousness, the inlaid medallions on steel models are extremely thin, I think polishing them to the point the stars are gone would surely leave telltale holes. The bezel around the medallion looks sharp and even, so polishing seems unlikely. In my mind the only explanations are:

1) Fake medallion. Reasons being: no stars, observatories showing the brickwork are only found on solid precious metal cases in this type of case.
    2) It was restored by a very skilled goldsmith who for some reason or another polished away the stars and filled the gaps with gold solder.

ivan francisco and ConElPueblo like this.
  6. kreyke Oct 10, 2017

Definitely polishing. The watch case is polished so bad that the dog legs are barely noticeable.

cicindela likes this.