Forums Latest Members
  1. Barking mad Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Apr 1, 2016

I sold this watch to a fellow forum member about a year ago and he contacted me recently suggesting that he might be selling it. Sooo long story short it is home again:)

DSC_0382.jpg

DSC_0383.jpg

DSC_0384.jpg

DSC_0385.jpg

And a couple of pics which my little furry friend assisted with;)

DSC_0376.jpg

DSC_0379.jpg

OMGRLX, Andreas, Andy K and 11 others like this.
  2. sky21 Apr 1, 2016

That's a fantastic looking watch, I'm sure you're happy to have him back home.

3. milwatch126 Apr 1, 2016

That's a beauty, really nice that he gave you the heads up!

M

4. Canuck Apr 1, 2016

You were indeed fortunate to be able to buy it back! A friend fell in love with a Rolex Explorer I of mine some years ago. He rhapsodized about how much he loved it, and he told me it would be a treasured item of a lifetime if I would sell it to him! I sold it. Five years later, he phoned me to give me right of first refusal to buy the watch back for over 4 times what I sold it to him for! I declined. He actually sold it for 5 times what I sold it to him for. Needless to say I have never sold him another watch!

5. Nactex Apr 1, 2016

I have had fellow collectors wart me to death to get something I have and finally I let it go. They keep it for about 2 weeks and then sell it.
    I guess for some it is about the hunt and not the have. You were very lucky to have the option to buy your Speedy back at hopefully a fair price.

6. incabloc Apr 1, 2016

congrats...cool that this nice piece is back :thumbsup:

I also have that luck to buy back tomorrow one of my Speedys that I have sold some Months ago, its a nice 69 premoon with a stunning faded bezel. We will see whats going on with.....stay or go again. IMG_1108.JPG

Andreas likes this.