Forums Latest Members
  1. danomar Dec 23, 2012

Howdy!

Lou suggested I start hanging out on this site for its vintage Zenith flavor, so here I am!

I got a nice condition El Primero A385 early in 2012 but only now have it back. Case work was mostly refreshing the sharp edges and brushed finishes. The movement, however, was dealt with roughly by previous owners. All is well now!

Enjoy!
    -Daniel

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

dsio and Veritas99 like this.
  2. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Dec 23, 2012

They did a lovely job on the case. Have you got any pictures of it before the work?

3. Veritas99 Dec 23, 2012

Daniel,

Very nice looking watch. The brush work on the case looks great!

Congrats,
    Mike

4. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Dec 23, 2012

...and boy are those edges sharp! Some virtuoso casework there on an underappreciated reference.

Welcome Daniel, nice to have you aboard, thanks for posting.

5. danomar Dec 23, 2012

Ouf! So much Zenith! And I thought I might get time to casually peruse the rest of the site... :)

Before:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As you can see, it was in decent cosmetic shape to begin with. Not great, but good enough for my first proper El Primero. I had a blue TV case before that was nice but not the svelte, elegant, deliciously wearable piece that the A385 is. Nice.

6. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Dec 23, 2012

Thanks for sharing those pictures. That really is work of the highest order and you've now got a beautiful watch.

7. MMMD unaffiliated curmudgeonly absurdist & polyologist Dec 23, 2012

Agree, fine work. Excellent job with that radial brushing.

8. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 23, 2012

That case must have been one seriously complicated pain in the ass to do for whichever watchmaker took care of it, just the amount of variation from polished to radial brushing to straight brushing... damn. Looks awesome now, do you have some before pics?

9. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 23, 2012

Only just noticed btw, the hands on that A385 are exactly the same as the hands Rolex use on the current SS Daytona... I guess they borrowed more than just the El Primero movement.