Forums Latest Members
  1. suginami Jan 3, 2016

My Seamaster Professional 300m (2531.80) hadn't been getting much wrist time in the past year for whatever reason.

I travel a lot, and always wear my Rolex GMT Master II (16710 with a Pepsi bezel) when on a business trip. I like to easily see my home time zone at a glance without thinking.

At home, I generally wear my Seiko Marinemaster (SBDX001) as a daily wearer. It has a great wrist presence and wears nicely for its large size.

I felt nostalgic for the Seamaster, and have been wearing it the past two weeks while on vacation.

I had it last serviced by Omega three years ago, and it's keeping great COSC time.

I set it to the atomic clock and have been checking it daily at the same time.

It's running at +.01 sec / day.

The 1120 movement is simply amazing. I love this watch and will never sell it.

2. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Jan 3, 2016

That is indeed amazing.
    How exactly do you get the figure .01?

3. suginami Jan 3, 2016

Just by looking at the time on the watch and comparing it to the atomic clock online,at the same time everyday.

Believe it or not, some days it hadn't varied even a second. Some days it was running a second fast. It never varied by more than a second over this two week period.

4. alam Jan 3, 2016

A couple of artifacts I think of true 'work horses"... the mighty Hercules C-130 on the air and the calibre 1120 on my wrist...

Screen shot 2016-01-03 at 7.06.26 PM.png Screen shot 2016-01-03 at 6.58.59 PM.png image.jpeg
    RMA and Hijak like this.
  5. Zelebrator Jan 4, 2016

I also appreciate the accuracy of my 2531.80's movement. It's normaly 1-2 seconds slow at the wrist, but easily catches up over night when placed face up. I had it serviced a couple of months ago, for a very fair amount of money (it was actually cheap). This was the first service after more then 10 years, and I think the next service will only be needed in another 10 years.

Great watch, for the look of it, the movement's accuray, and also its wide usabilty. It easily fits under the shirt cuff, and is also perfect with a t-shirt. And not to forget the extremely comfortable bracelet, which is my absolute favorite.

Regards
    Z.

6. Thegreatroberto Jan 4, 2016

Mine too. My cal 1120 "Bond" Seamaster is around 0.5s fast a day.
    So, what's all the need for a co axial movement then? Marketing BS?
    My Seamaster has only been serviced twice in its 15 year life also. Last time because it hadn't been serviced for 8 years.

Geo! likes this.
  7. Geo! Jan 4, 2016

Absolutely none whatsoever.