Forums Latest Members

Am I'm Being Thick Looking Only At Conny's With Original Bracelets?

1. Ted Shred Feb 16, 2013

I've been playing with the idea of grabbing a 50's or 60's conny but, like with my other Omegas, I'm really only looking at ones that come with the original bracelet. In the meantime, I've seen some gorgeous leather-strapped ones come and go... sigh. I tend to like metal bracelets and my thinking is that, even if I decide to go leather later, it's extra nice and is a good value-decision to have the original bracelet on hand. Am I misjudging the value that an original bracelet adds and over-limiting myself in what I'm looking at? Hope that made sense, it's getting past my bedtime.

Thanks

2. kyle L Grasshopper Staff Member Feb 16, 2013

You might be missing some good stuff! Sometimes bracelets were added on as an option and the watch originally came on a leather band. I think if you see a really sharp Constellation you should just go for it. I would not pass up a near NOS Constellation Pie-Pan just because it doesn't have a bracelet. I'm guessing your talking about the Beads of Rice band?

Ted Shred likes this.
  3. Ted Shred Feb 16, 2013

Ah, thanks kyle. Yup, I'm talking BoR. I suppose I could always get a metal bracelet separately, although I'm not sure how easy it is to get an authentic date-correct BoR. I haven't really looked too much given all my Omegas have had the bracelet. (All BoR's 'cept one that has a 1035.)

4. kyle L Grasshopper Staff Member Feb 16, 2013

These can usually be sourced off of ebay for around $100. I also think Otto Frei carries them. The hard part is finding the proper endpieces for them which fit.

5. Ted Shred Feb 16, 2013

Thanks for the info kyle!