Am I wrong about my -69?

Posts
1,208
Likes
5,038
mine in the pictures is a late DON -69

SN 3058XXXX
It doesn't really look like a mk6 or mk4 case!
 
Posts
1,208
Likes
5,038
I found this mint reference example from Analog Shift.
Took a few shots in a similar-ish angle.

Need to find the person who refinished this case!

Edited:
 
Posts
1,208
Likes
5,038
A gif to close off this thread. I think a dealer would happily call this unpolished but I am still not so certain.
Oh well. ::facepalm1::

 
Posts
1,208
Likes
5,038
Since I got my near NOS -68 back from service I've been doing some more polish comparisons. 馃槵

The lines, brushing, and polish direction (magnification?), and quality are pretty much identical to my -68.
The under lug facets match the NOS example's.

I think I will just assume this one is unpolished and wear it a little more mindfully.
Fun aside, turns out that scratch from my first post was made long before I took ownership (eBay authentication sticker still on):
 
Posts
6,473
Likes
22,004
Since I got my near NOS -68 back from service I've been doing some more polish comparisons. 馃槵
It's supposed to be a fun hobby. You're going to have an aneurism. 馃槈
 
Posts
1,208
Likes
5,038
It's unpolished. Nice example.
Thanks for the confirmation, Nadav!

Funny I was hunting relentlessly for an unpolished example, meanwhile one was on my wrist (while I played pickleball).