Forums Latest Members

Alternatives to MyUS.com? USA to Australia shipping.

1. Emeister Donut-eatin desk-divin wannabe-astronaut fat dude Apr 27, 2016

Hi,

Could any fellow Aussies please recommend a US mailbox/freight forwarding company. I'm struggling to find a decent (& recent) comparison site that I can trust.

I'm looking to ditch MyUS.com after several reasonably happy years.
    Two packages have been undelivered (initial US leg of delivery) in the past six months. First got returned to the seller after 3 months and we arranged direct shipping after that. Second package is still currently "missing".

I've been paying approx $7 to $10 per month as a fee.
    Storage is free for 30 days but then costs $1/day per package which has been an issue when waiting for these "lost" packages.

I used to buy multiple items per month but recently had to ship two tiny items and was still forced to use a 20 x 20 x 5cm box with FedEx, which cost approx $60 and was way more than the cost of the items.

Being able to use FedEx would be a big plus for watch purchases.
    Being able to select a much cheaper (slower) service would be a plus for watch catalogues and first day covers.
    A longer free storage period is something else I would appreciate, and use.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :thumbsup:

Currently 'investigating' usgobuy.com and shipito.com if you have any experience with them.
    Thanks. ;)

2. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Apr 27, 2016

I thought Australia Post set something up.

My internets crap at the mo but check out AP website for "US Buying"

3. Emeister Donut-eatin desk-divin wannabe-astronaut fat dude Apr 27, 2016

:thumbsup: Thanks Jim.
    Just found ShopMate on the AusPost website. Can't see anything about storing and consolidating shipments yet.

Didn't realise it was this late :eek:.
    Will have a proper look in the morning.

4. Emeister Donut-eatin desk-divin wannabe-astronaut fat dude Apr 27, 2016

Email notification came through an hour after my post that my 2nd 'lost' package has finally arrived at MyUS.com.
    33 days for an envelope containing 4x First Day Covers to get from New York to Florida ???? :(

So now it looks like I'm with MyUS for another month. And I need to keep buying to justify the minimum shipping costs :cautious:

Still looking for recommendations of alternatives.:thumbsup:

5. shaun hk Fairy nuffer Apr 27, 2016

I have used comgateway.com in the past and all went well, also you only pay for individual shipments

WurstEver likes this.
  6. GuiltyBoomerang Apr 28, 2016

Used Comgateway for this too, compared to a service like shippido there is no membership cost required should you need to combine shipping on items. Also, doing three shipments (I think) will give you Prime service for six months, meaning you'll get expresss for the same price as standard. While I have heard stories of scams being perpetuated by other users of it I have had nothing but great service. They will email you to let you know items have arrived, as well as requesting actual values on items if there is no receipt on the package when they receive it. Shipping is relatively quick too, anywhere between 3-8 business days via USPS (I think.)

WurstEver likes this.
  7. PhilipC Apr 24, 2017

The only one I can personally recommend is viabox. MyUs.com are hideously expensive, whereas viabox have the cheapest shipping rates out there. Their customer support is top notch too, which is a nice bonus.

8. WurstEver Apr 24, 2017

+1 here. I haven't had need of a mail forwarder for a long while, but when I have used them I've been happy with Comgateway's service.

9. daryar Jul 12, 2017

I can recommend Planet Express . They have cheap shipping to Australia, see small example:
    Australia, 5lbs 10x10x10
    Planet Express
    USPS Priority $38.05
    USPS Express $42.14
    Fedex Priority $50.84
    Fedex Economy $46.33
    DHL $48.28

They don't have a lot of reviews because this service is quite new.

10. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 12, 2017

Just in case people were wondering, this guy's email is [email protected], so he is in fact a spammer recommending himself but not one smart enough to register for a gmail account or something in order to at least look semi-legit.

Well done Peter, our links are all nofollow so you get no SEO benefit out of it, and when people google your business they'll find this thread where you tried to deceive people by referring to yourself in the third person as "they".

For anyone actually looking for freight forwarding to Australia, do your research and try to avoid anyone astroturfing watch forums and operating out of a $300 WordPress site.

11. Raiden001 Apr 11, 2018

Hey Emeister, I heard about Shop2Ship last year. I have used them a couple of times and they have been pretty good, give them a try.

12. No Mercy Apr 11, 2018