Forums Latest Members

Alternative Pro Diver, What Do You Think?

1. vadimo Jan 20, 2016

Warning:This is not high end watch topic :)

The watch: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000OP5GDW/ref=pd_luc_rh_wl_01_02_t_img_lh?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I have been looking on amazon at the watches, just bored, i got my Omega Seamaster 300....I came across Invicta Pro Diver on the link, they have few designs mainly design traits cues from Rolex and some Omega going on there too.

These models range between £70 and £100 and i have to say for that price i am amazed at the value and the watch looks so tempting to try and possibly even buy, the reviews also are very high rating.

If i didn't have my Omega i probably would purchased one of those.

Anyone had actually any experience with the brand and the watch?

2. Jones in LA Isofrane hoarder. Jan 20, 2016

Hey there @vadimo. I haven't personally purchased or worn an Invicta watch but one of my dearest friends produces his own brand of watches using the same business model as Invicta (so I think I have some personal insight into what the Invicta brand is about). The watches are mass-produced at a very low cost utilizing components made in China and Japan, and incorporate case and bracelet designs developed by the designer/producer. Of course, many of these designs are meant to mimic popular designs from high-end watch makers. There is no reason to expect that Invicta's products would be of any less quality than peer brands selling watches at the same price point.

Here's a link to quite an illuminating interview with Invicta's founder. The interview was done in 2000, and I suspect that much of the component making and actual watch assembly done in Japan at that time has since shifted to China.

http://www.timezone.com/2002/09/25/interview-with-eyal-lalo/

vadimo likes this.
  3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 20, 2016

Friends don't let friends buy Invicta, buy a Seiko Monster if you want a good diver at that price or a cat, both will be better long term investments.

Nitzbar, Foo2rama, George.A and 9 others like this.
  4. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 20, 2016

Yes the cat can be a shrewd investment. If he is smart, send him to forum moderator school and you can enjoy substantial earnings over the education and kitten care costs. :thumbsup:

cat_moderator__by_armstronger-d3icow8.jpg

Edited Jan 20, 2016
    OMGRLX and Nitzbar like this.
  5. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jan 20, 2016

Buy what you like. But understand that you get what you pay for.

You can't expect high quality at a sub-$100 price point, particularly with an automatic watch. That being said, the Invicta Japanese automatic movements (probably assembled in China) are decent for the price. Wouldn't waste my money on a quartz Invicta.

[​IMG]

http://www.amazon.com/Invicta-17042-Display-Japanese-Automatic/dp/B00HVCO38K/ref=sr_1_5?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1453340470&sr=1-5&nodeID=7141123011&keywords=invicta pro diver automatic

Personally, I'd rather have a Seiko 5, and you can find them on Amazon starting at $60 or so.

[​IMG]

http://www.amazon.com/Seiko-SNK357-...=6358540011&keywords=5&refinements=p_89:Seiko

At these prices, if the watch needs non-warranty attention, you're going to throw it out. You can buy a new one for less than a service is going to cost you.

Hope this helps,
    gatorcpa

George.A and Archer like this.
  6. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jan 20, 2016

Calling our resident chief ( Invicta buyer ) negotiator to help this member out @JimInOz

styggpyggeno1 likes this.
  7. alam Jan 20, 2016

I hear @ulackfocus is well-versed on these too. :D

Nitzbar, Tritium and styggpyggeno1 like this.
  8. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jan 20, 2016

Nitzbar likes this.
  9. ulackfocus Jan 20, 2016

Why yes.... yes I am.

Invictas are great for skeet shooting targets. They are pretty good ammunition for a heavy duty sling shot also. You could put them in the center of a snowball and really f-up somebody you hate by hitting them in the head.

However, don't buy one with the intent of actually using it as a watch!

....unless you want to be the laughing stock of watch forums and maybe your neighborhood.

Invictas are trash and no self respecting WIS would be caught dead wearing one. Renato is in the same league.... bush league, that is.

No kidding! This is the lowest of the low. Invictas are lower than whale shit. For the same money you can get a half decent real watch from Seiko or Citizen, or maybe even a fairly cool Luminox. Hell, I'd sooner wear a battery powered assault on horology (i.e. a quartz wrist thingy that's got a computer chip programmed to tell time) than an Invicta or any schlock like them or Renato.

::confused2:: ::screwloose:: That's like saying "If I didn't own an Audi, I'd probably have purchased a '75 4 door Maverick".

Nitzbar, B.Frost, boat2dan and 2 others like this.
  10. alam Jan 20, 2016

11. vadimo Jan 21, 2016

I dozed off halfway through...

I used to have rotary that was purchased for me as a present at a value of £70 this worked fine. I can't see how this product might be different.

But yes, you get what you pay for. On the other side my 1 year old Omega broke 3 times, they issued me new watch, it costed me £2750.

12. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Jan 21, 2016

Don't beat about the bush Dennis - tell us what you really think. :p

13. ulackfocus Jan 21, 2016

Great - so go buy your Invicta. Don't say we didn't warn you.

ps - you might want to Google "Invicta", although if your attention span is so short that you nodded off reading my post you won't make its through the thousands of threads all over watch forums saying how Invicta is junk.

OMGRLX likes this.
  14. nightowl Jan 21, 2016

Mods make money? Bribes or extortion or?

And we all know that's an important priority in life :whistling::thumbsup:

Or two cool Vostoks!

VetPsychWars likes this.
  15. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 21, 2016

Why do think we all went to Sammy's Moderator School in New Jersey.
    22951042.jpg

036.jpg
    Here is a recent group of grads celebrating at the school cafeteria, one of which we are seriously considering for employment at OF.
    He's a brit, ex SAS. Now there's some skills we can put to use :thumbsup:

Nitzbar, ulackfocus and Jones in LA like this.
  16. nightowl Jan 21, 2016

I don't know. Looks photoshopped to me. For example, you guys look way too sober :cool:

17. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 21, 2016

Give'em a break, they only just got there;)

Tritium likes this.
  18. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jan 21, 2016

Just on ethical grounds, I would never buy an Invicta. As a watch, they are probably no worse than any other contract manufactured Chinese junk watch would be, but the marketing tactics they use are something I can't stomach.

And yes you had a bad experience with your Omega, but I would encourage you to Google "Invicta customer support" and read how well they support their product. I think you will appreciate your Omega experience much more after that...

OMGRLX, Foo2rama and nightowl like this.
  19. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Jan 21, 2016

I bought mine new for 90% of the retail price and got an extended warranty all for $89 back in 2012. I really did think I got a screaming deal. ::screwloose::

I sold it on WUS for $39.

2012-02-12 14.30.46.jpg

cicindela likes this.
  20. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 21, 2016

So you got top dollar :thumbsup: