Forums Latest Members
  1. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches Apr 29, 2016

[​IMG]

Standy showed us his clean Alpina a few days ago and it reminded me of the Alpina kept in the menagerie here. It's "wild caught" from a now forgotten pawn shop, flea market, or gun show. It features the "Rensie" marking. Some internet research indicated that a fellow named Eisner was an early U. S. importer of the Alpina. His name was already copyright protected so he simply spelled it backward to come up with "Rensie." A quick Google search finds indirect reference to the Alpinas with Rensie markings, the more detailed information found in a search conducted earlier not being found this time.

https://www.google.com/search?q=alpina rensie&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiCg7ez97TMAhWGNiYKHSWMC3MQsAQIIw&biw=1280&bih=896#imgrc=_

I'd be grateful if anyone knowing any tidbits about vintage Alpinas, especially the Rensie models, could share information. I like some of the vintage Alpina models which I find attractive.

This watch runs though it loses five minutes per day. It's not yet serviced so isn't used. I'm not certain it would be worth sending for service. Even basic servicing might exceed the watch's value. Still, it deserves the dignity of being tended to.

What do you think?

2. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Apr 29, 2016

GregH, noelekal and nickw like this.
  3. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches Apr 29, 2016

Thanks for the link, STANDY!

Do any other Forum members have one of these Alpina Rensie models?

4. abrahamovic Jun 17, 2017

hello standy, any chance you downloaded this before? the link doesnt work any more. wanted to make some research on rensie too. found one vintage rensie nearby, thinking about buying it. thanks

5. abrahamovic Mar 15, 2018

yes, mister. I do. Bumper movemement.

IMG_3779.jpg