Forums Latest Members

SOLD Alpina 4 Calibre 592 circa 1944

1. peatnick Dec 2, 2017

Asking $249 for this veteran WWII era solider

[​IMG]

Radium on hands and Arabic indexes all present but has blackened over 70+ years

[​IMG]

Quality stainless steel FB case wears its age well, same case maker used by Patek and Vacheron

[​IMG]

Anti magnetic dust cover is present

[​IMG]

Not sure the significance of numbers between the 18mm wide drilled lugs?

[​IMG]

Case is 33mm excluding crown and 11mm high including the domed acrylic crystal

[​IMG]

A trusted watch smith used by several fellow members checked the caliber 592 when I got it earlier this year and gave a clean bill of health. I haven't timed it since but the few times I've worn it keep accurate time. However as with all vintage a service is suggested prior to daily wear.

[​IMG]

I'm a collector refocusing so no returns please unless misrepresented, many references here and on another watch forum. Asking price includes PP fee and USPS Priority with tracking 2-3 day in CONUS, may be slightly longer for ROW

Edited Dec 2, 2017
  2. R3D9 Dec 2, 2017

There have been some killer affordably priced smaller watches popping up on OF recently. Curse my fat wrists!!!

Beautiful piece! GLWS.

3. ConElPueblo Dec 2, 2017

Part of the serial number which can most likely also be found elsewhere on the case :)

For those who haven't had a FB-cased watch: they are really a revelation. On another level compared to a LOT of contemporary cases.

4. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Dec 2, 2017

Nice watch; great value.

5. peatnick Dec 3, 2017

Lug length is 41mm making it quite wearable on my 7.5" wrist

alpina nato.jpg

Thanks for the SN info @ConElPueblo and for everyone's kind words !

Now sold, thanks to Mr. Buyer and Ω F

Edited Dec 3, 2017
    argonbeam likes this.