Forums Latest Members

Albe 100 great guy, great seller

1. MOSEEF Feb 12, 2019

I purchased a Hamilton Chrono matic from Albe 100 and it was not as described. The watch looks in good nick but the chronograph does not work(at first it just got stuck). The time keeping is not great, loses 5-8 minutes a day and neither of these was mentioned prior to purchase. I believe he should have at least offered a part refund as the watch was not as described. He obviously felt it wasn't quite right as he offered me 2 straps and apologies but to be honest that just sounded like a slap in the face when he offered it. I think people should try and treat others how they would like to be treated and in doing so the only things that would have sufficed would be to offer a full or part refund. I have bought a few watches through forums and this is my first real negative experience and I tried to allow Albe 100 to put it right without trying to lead the dispute but clearly he does not want to do the right thing. Have a think before dealing with him, don't be like me.

2. Albe100 Feb 12, 2019

This post is unfortunate, as it comes a bit premature. My description of the watch was true, and reflected the working condition at shipping.
    If something happened during shipping, I don't know. However this is a vintage watch, that was serviced (as I was told) by the previous owner, but I did not guarantee the movement in my post.

Having said that I've been working with Mo to try and find a solution, however I don't believe that reimbursing the cost of the watch be a suitable solution. When buying a vintage watch with an unclear service history, can be a risk. I am an honest person, an enthusiast like most people here and not looking to make money. The watch he purchased was actually sold below the price I paid for it. This is the first issued I've had with a sale.

During our exchanges today I offered Mo to pay half of the service cost pending receipt of an invoice for services rendered. In my opinion this is a fair proposal to the issue. Hence why this post is premature IMO.

3. MOSEEF Feb 14, 2019

I agree we have come to a compromise on the issue and while I don't agree the post was premature as it prompted the consensus, I would be happy to recant my post once this unfortunate incident comes to an end. No hard feelings Albe 100

4. MOSEEF May 17, 2019

I am writing to close this thread and to note the Alberto was as good if not better than his word! Query happily resolved and I am just looking forward to enjoying my watch and hoping Albe has any more goodies from his great collection he is willing to part with. All the best mate and sorry for any inconvenience this may have cost.