Forums Latest Members
  1. bonerp Jul 19, 2018

Afternoon all,
    Could anyone confirm a technical question I has please?
    When you press the crown on an Albatros, it makes the minute hand sweep forward. Release the crown and it disengages.
    So as mine is not disengaging I am assuming that the sliding pinion is not disengaging from the intermediate wheel and this is because the setting lever or yoke spring may be worn or broken or it has bent, and requires replacement.
    Would this be a reasonable assumption?

thx
    Paul

Edited Jul 19, 2018
  2. ChrisN Jul 19, 2018

These work by electrical connections so you make or break that connection to set the minute hand. We use a similar system on some other quartz (some ETA as I remember but I don't do many quartz) to check EOL at the bench where, bridging two connections speeds the motor up to 5 or 10 times its normal speed and the hands move very quickly.

You're making the connection (probably with the setting lever) but not breaking it so the setting lever is not going back to neutral. What could be causing that could be a jam in the keyless works (setting lever, setting lever spring, clutch wheel etc) or that the sprung loaded crown is not resetting because the stem is broken or the crown has broken down inside - you're just guessing without taking it apart.

Clearly the motor works and you just have an electrical issue.

Cheers, Chris

Edited Jul 19, 2018
    Foo2rama and Archer like this.