Alarming watches

Posts
5,434
Likes
82,138
Same concept, three different executions..


To set alarm..

JLC, rotate the disc in the middle of the dial.


Tissot, adjust red pointer hand.


Seiko, Rotate the inner bezel.
 
Posts
9,588
Likes
27,705
I am a serial Bellmatic owner - one of the best buys in the vintage watch world, IMO.
 
Posts
153
Likes
660
+1 on bell-matics, great watches.



Trying to limit myself to 4005s, or it could get expensive! Though a 18k JLC is pretty high on the wish list.
 
Posts
3,997
Likes
9,030
Instead of an alarm to hear, an alarm to “feel” while underwater:



Far less economical and for the same reasons not owned by me (photo from here) - but maybe this post will draw out a member with one?

if so, a presumptive “dibs”
 
Posts
611
Likes
1,303
I am a serial Bellmatic owner - one of the best buys in the vintage watch world, IMO.
I will be in a couple of days!!
 
Posts
252
Likes
521
Instead of an alarm to hear, an alarm to “feel” while underwater:



Far less economical and for the same reasons not owned by me (photo from here) - but maybe this post will draw out a member with one?

if so, a presumptive “dibs”
Beautiful piece and very interesting concept !
 
Posts
487
Likes
1,720
Alarming indeed! And handsome to boot.
Here's my vintage Perseo:
 
Posts
7,090
Likes
56,948
The Sea Bird's cry.

An alarming Favre Leuba.

 
Posts
7,090
Likes
56,948
I still want an example of a Helvitia in the watch menagerie here. It's just that the ones seen on Ebay are chrome plated rather than stainless steel and so beat to a pulp that I haven't availed myself of obtaining one yet.
 
Posts
428
Likes
1,448
I still want an example of a Helvitia in the watch menagerie here. It's just that the ones seen on Ebay are chrome plated rather than stainless steel and so beat to a pulp that I haven't availed myself of obtaining one yet.

1950s and 60s autos often have all stainless cases.

Here is one of my favourites