Forums Latest Members

Ahhhhh. I'm so happy I have a "new" bezel for my Ploprof 600!

1. RawArcher Measures thread drift on the Richter Scale Jan 16, 2016

I have absolutely loved my Ploprof 600 (with gorgeous MKII dial and perfectly patina'd hands) since I acquired it about 5 months ago. I mean I absolutely love it. That being said, I've always had an eye toward making it "perfect" by replacing its service replacement bezel with a patinated vintage bezel more in line with the rest of the watch. Well, that day has come thanks to @sulaco Thanks Rene! Thanks OF!

The before/after pictures are below. Would love opinions from all of you.....and beyond "like" and "don't like"......am especially interested if anyone would have stayed with the more pristine service bezel vs. making the change I made......and....while I believe my new patinated bezel is correct for my example, I can't really find any source that definitively spells out correct dial/bezel combos (ploprof.com is terrific but inconclusive (or over my head) on this topic).

Thanks.......I know Ploprofs are not everyone's cup of tea, but they sure are mine. Thanks for looking!

Tom

With service bezel........
    January 16 2015 002.JPG

Side by side with "new" old bezel from @sulaco..........

January 16 2015 001.JPG

Installation complete!

January 16 2015 020.JPG

......and on the wrist!

January 16 2015 023.JPG

2. AAAKK First listing in the ΩF B2B phone book Jan 16, 2016

I'm 100% behind the switch to the vintage bezel. It makes for a much more cohesive package. I like it a lot.

RawArcher likes this.
  3. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Jan 16, 2016

Very nice. So much better looking.

RawArcher likes this.
  4. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Jan 16, 2016

Yup, better with the new (old?) bezel. It matches the other parts better and just looks like a vintage watch should.

Are you going to tuck the service bezel away for future (potential) use or let it continue down the river of life? (not that I need it, just curious)

RawArcher likes this.
  5. RawArcher Measures thread drift on the Richter Scale Jan 16, 2016

Thanks oddboy. Hadn't thought too much about what to do with the service bezel, but will keep it for now.......

6. 1685 Jan 16, 2016

Excellent with the upgrade to a seasoned bezel, i know how long you searched for this so enjoy and ummm dibs. Amazing watch!

RawArcher likes this.
  7. Jones in LA Isofrane hoarder. Jan 16, 2016

Though I'm generally inclined toward what's shiny and new-looking, I'm impressed by how much better balanced the watch looks with its new old bezel. Congratulations!

RawArcher likes this.
  8. RawArcher Measures thread drift on the Richter Scale Jan 16, 2016

Thanks JiLA! That's a high (and shiny) bar to exceed!

9. lillatroll Jan 16, 2016

The new bezel looks better and seems to fit the overall look of the watch more. It is a fantastic looking watch with or without the new bezel.

RawArcher likes this.
  10. Cortezthekiller Jan 17, 2016

Older is better! Nice watch

RawArcher likes this.
  11. demollo Jan 17, 2016

I love Ploprofs, if only i had bigger wrist :) And the vintage bezel rocks !

RawArcher likes this.
  12. JACK G Jan 17, 2016

Glad you found another bezel which is just perfect for your watch.

Although previously posted I am posting this pic again as it shows 3 different bezel styles.

[​IMG]

fibonacci086, RawArcher and 1685 like this.