Forums Latest Members
  1. HLD2 Apr 15, 2017

hi!
    Apologises if this is a stupid question but looking for some help.
    I'd like to have an idea of age and value.
    Also advice where to go and maybe not to go to get battery replacement.
    I think it's maybe called a midi size ? Like small mans large woman's ?
    Thanks in advance
    HLD xxx IMG_4566.PNG

2. kingsrider Thank you Sir! May I have another? Apr 15, 2017

Your questions are not easily answered. For a battery change, I would not recommend the battery guy at the mall. Reason being, Although your watch is not as valuable as an Omega with an automatic movement, it is still valuable. Waterproof maintenance is very important. You need a watchmaker with a good reputation or call your nearest Omega Boutique.
    Value?? Quartz watches are less less valuable than the same watch with a mechanical movement. Check out Ebay 'sold listings' for an idea of value.

3. BenjaminT Apr 15, 2017

Hi,

the reference number of this watch is 2263.80.00. Go to your prefered auction site and look for corresponding offers to get info about pricing. Yours will be located somewhere in the bottom tier as it has been unprofessionally polished.
    This is how it one looked like:
    [​IMG]
    (c) omegawatches.com

4. pmontoyap Apr 15, 2017

Hello HLD,

Welcome to the forums.

You are correct. Midsize is somewhere in between a men's sized watch and a women's sized watch. IMHO opinion a watch with a diameter from 33 to 38mm would be midsize. That is regarding modern pieces. Vintage men watches tend to have a smaller size and will also fit in that range, a vintage watch from the 50's with more than 38mm would have been considered JUMBO.

You can check YELP or other review site for a good local watchmaker to change the battery. I would avoid the typical mall store, they can use cheap batteries.

Enjoy

5. HLD2 Apr 15, 2017

6. HLD2 Apr 15, 2017

Thank you so much for replying
    Sound advice x

7. HLD2 Apr 15, 2017

Thanks for replying
    Appreciate the advice x

8. HLD2 Apr 15, 2017

Thank you for replying
    Appreciate the advice x