Forums Latest Members
  1. MrBump1 Oct 15, 2014

Can anyone tell me is there a way of finding out how old a Seamaster is by the serial number or any identifying stamps or marks on the watch?

2. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Oct 15, 2014

Welcome.

There is a serial number stamped on the movement of the watch. You have to open the caseback to find it. Once you have that, there are several good references that can tell you the approximate age of the watch. One of them is here:

http://chronomaddox.com/omega_serial_numbers.html

You can also send for an Omega Extract of the Archives (costs US$90 currently) that will give you the date of production and where the watch was originally shipped.

If you will post some pictures of the watch here, the forum members can probably give you a pretty good timeframe of when your watch was made.

citizenrich likes this.
  3. MrBump1 Oct 15, 2014

Thanks for the info, I'm looking to buy one and there are some dealers that say they are not sure how old the watch is but have proof of authenticity and I was wondering if there was a way of working it out from the external case numbers? I have a Breitling and they used to put the build date in the serial number.