Forums Latest Members

Aftermarket metal bracelets compatible with the SMP300M?

1. Toscano Jan 16, 2018

Hi everyone!

From what I've been reading around in this forum, seems like the Speedmaster metal bracelet is not directly compatible with my SMP300M (21mm x 20mm end lugs).
    Can anyone advise a good aftermarket metal bracelet alternative?
    Something like 20mm with curved end lugs that properly fits the SMP300M?

I love metal bracelets, and would like to have a different option just for fun (and for those situations where I don't want to get the original bracelet scratched).

Thanks!

omega_original.jpg

2. gpssti4 Jan 18, 2018

I have a few pre-ceramic Seamasters whereby I swap brackets between them. I have a 2254 which looks good on the Speedy style bracelet and equally as good on a bond or even an aftermarket mesh bracelet.

Toscano likes this.
  3. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jan 19, 2018

Mesh looks great on these.

Caliber561, ac106 and Toscano like this.
  4. Toscano Jan 22, 2018

Yep, I also like the mesh bracelets, especially as I have three old Omega Chronostop's from the 1970's that originally came with them.

However, surely there's an aftermarket bracelet somewhere (not mesh, but regular SS bracelet) with curved end links that would fit the SMP properly. Just have to figure out which brand or where to get it...

Thanks, anyway!
    Cheers.

omega_milanese.jpg

5. DIV Jan 22, 2018

Foo2rama and Toscano like this.
  6. Toscano Jan 22, 2018

That's a pretty interesting post! Thanks.
    Now I wonder if the same would apply to my SMP (ref. 212.30.41.20.01.003)? I mean, could I go to an AD an order an AT steel bracelet and it would be compatible with my 41mm SMP, in your opinion?

Cheers!

7. DIV Jan 22, 2018

It would fit, almost guaranteed, HOWEVER, chances are the midcase thickness of your SMP Diver differs from that of the case of the watch that the Aqua Terra bracelet is matched to. It might not have a perfectly flush fit, but that's just a cosmetic issue (and it is probably a very minor one).
    I would guess that most AD's wouldn't just order it for you. They probably require you to present with the actual watch that the bracelet is intended for, but I might be wrong about this....?...in other words you might start looking on ebay....

8. ShaikhPapi Jul 26, 2019

Can you tell me from where you bought this bracelet