Forums Latest Members

Aftermarket deployant clasp for Omega

1. Moppel May 31, 2015

Hello folks,

I just came across some deployant claps on Ebay US which look almost as the original ones but are missing the Omega logo.
    They sell between 40-50 US Dollar and I was wondering if anyone of you has some experience with those pieces.

I know that "nothing goes beyond the original" but the prices have gone up ridiculously high here in Germany ( and I bet in the rest of the word, too ) :(

Cheers
    Thomas

2. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter May 31, 2015

Link?

3. Moppel May 31, 2015

Hard to tell if these 3 are actually the same clasps:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/18mm-Panati...719?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item234a6cc537Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

http://www.ebay.com/itm/18mm-Stainl...846?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5d58f44476Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DEPLOYMENT-...283?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item25757416fbPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

4. yinzerniner May 31, 2015

I've used a few of the replica or homage clasps that have similar design and operation to the Omega and they all close and function, however they miss out on the tiny details. The close action isn't quite as crisp as the original, the clasp ends are never fully flush when in the closed position, and they generally have some other small issues like misaligned text, subpar finishing, or they get warped very easily after some usage.
    The originals pop up on sale pretty often, and paying $200 plus shipping (which is about the going rate) is totally worth it since it will be used very often and will hold its value. Just my $.02

5. alam May 31, 2015

On subtle things like these, and most of the time, you get what you pay for....

Moppel and Paedipod like this.
  6. Moppel Jun 1, 2015

That's probably the comment I needed to get.
    Now let the hunt for a real one begin...

Cheers
    Thomas

alam and Tritium like this.
  7. Audley Yung Jun 16, 2015

I did a review on the aftermarket (replica) clasps that came with an aftermarket bracelet. These 50-60$ clasps look the part, but are rough around the edges. Takes more effort to open when you depress the deployment buttons, and the metal rubs against each other a because the tolerances are not as good. I suppose the increased wear against the metal internals rubbing against each other will cause the clasp to fail prematurely. It's a temporary good fix, but I wouldn't want to use one for long. Especially since they don't have the logo on them!